SearchSearch 

Spyware and Trojans

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Grab a free scan and removal of any nasties lurking

This found 4 items on my PC and removed them 😉

16 Responses

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Thanks TTT

it found 85 infections on my PC Surprised Mad why doesnt Ad-Aware or Spybot detect any of this ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

ewido is very good for that. I have ewido suite and ewido micro. Both of which clear my computer regularly 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

ranald wrote:

Thanks TTT

it found 85 infections on my PC Surprised Mad why doesnt Ad-Aware or Spybot detect any of this ❓

If you dump your cookies before you run the app, you'll probably find nothing. They show up as a false positive.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

RadarMan wrote:

ranald wrote:

Thanks TTT

it found 85 infections on my PC Surprised Mad why doesnt Ad-Aware or Spybot detect any of this ❓

If you dump your cookies before you run the app, you'll probably find nothing. They show up as a false positive.

Radar

that was proberly the reason

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor (Flyboy92) First Officer

Speaking about trojans my computer was infected with that and we had to demolish the hard drive and start over from scratch. Just think about all those downloaded planes 😞 But now my computer runs even faster!

Flyboy92

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Great link TTT.Thank you.😉

I was wondering how many anti-programs we have to run in order to keep our systems clean.Or maybe some of them born the rubbish in order to right their usage... Umm... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Flyboy92 wrote:

Speaking about trojans my computer was infected with that and we had to demolish the hard drive and start over from scratch. Just think about all those downloaded planes 😞 But now my computer runs even faster!

Flyboy92

As far as I am aware,the flightsim world has been left alone

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Apart from the Cookies as mentioned by Radarman, the scan found absolutely nothing on my HDD.

Could that be because I'm using only Firefox?

🍅 Whip Ouch... I shouldn't have said that Wall Bashing
When will I ever learn?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

🍅 Whip Ouch... I shouldn't have said that Wall Bashing
When will I ever learn?

Why shouldnt my friend?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

🍅 Whip Ouch... I shouldn't have said that Wall Bashing
When will I ever learn?

Why shouldnt my friend?

There... I've done it again... despicable behaviour that I just don't seem to be able to rid myself of.
Fortunately, my friend Greekman is never too far away to administer a dose of "Mother's little Helpers" in order to keep the all pervading calm here at Flyaway.

But, I am an actor. For the next few hours I will try my best to be just like any other conformist and utter nothing but meaningless niceties, join the 'Welcoming Committee' and not step on anyone's toes.

Oh, I mustn't forget, platitudes have a very "relaxing" effect on me and should you find that within a short time I've gone quiet all of a sudden, it won't be due to a heart-attack. I've probably just fallen asleep sitting on my chair.

But that would be welcoming news anyway... so -- all is well.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks for your kind words dear Tailhook ,but i continue wondering why you shouldnt refer to Firefox?Am i missing something?
All of us talk about programs and browsers etc. i dont see something wrong with your state Dont Know

Perhaps i miss something from your point and since every post of you is a deep dive in the great English language resources for me, is difficult to to get exactly what you mean.... Embarassed Wall Bashing

Anyway...I would like to hear an explanation of why shouldnt refer to Firefox in simple words please Embarassed 😉 ,and i take the responsibility of hijacking this topic. 😂 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

My concern in this instance is not with Firefox at all. My concern is with the all pervading apathy that seems to have got a firm grip on these forums.

The slightest criticism of any habitually held opinion is quickly interpreted as dissension and therefore condemned.

Again and again we're being told that this is a meeting place to discuss, debate and share opinions.
If anything, I'm beginning to get the impression that this is turning into a meeting place to agree on opinions. Period. Forget debate and discussion.

I would like to hear an explanation.. ... in simple words please

I apologise for not being able to comply with your request - I blame it on my background/circumstances. If I tried to express my thoughts in simple words, it would confuse the issue even more. Hence my decision to try my hand at being a conformist for as long as I can keep it up.

For you, my friend Greekman, I'd suggest you just ignore my posts. It will free up a lot of time for you to pursue other, more important matters.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

My concern in this instance is not with Firefox at all. My concern is with the all pervading apathy that seems to have got a firm grip on these forums.

The slightest criticism of any habitually held opinion is quickly interpreted as dissension and therefore condemned.

Again and again we're being told that this is a meeting place to discuss, debate and share opinions.
If anything, I'm beginning to get the impression that this is turning into a meeting place to agree on opinions. Period. Forget debate and discussion.

I would like to hear an explanation.. ... in simple words please

I apologise for not being able to comply with your request - I blame it on my background/circumstances. If I tried to express my thoughts in simple words, it would confuse the issue even more. Hence my decision to try my hand at being a conformist for as long as I can keep it up.

For you, my friend Greekman, I'd suggest you just ignore my posts. It will free up a lot of time for you to pursue other, more important matters.

Dont Know

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Geekman,
I'm not sure what Tailhook meant, but maybe it's something to do with the fact that anyone who doesn't use MS Internet Explorer and advocates the use of other faster, better and more secure browsers like Firefox/Mozilla (I am one of those people myself) may let themseves in for silly arguments sometimes.

😂 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Michael_H wrote:

Geekman,
I'm not sure what Tailhook meant, but maybe it's something to do with the fact that anyone who doesn't use MS Internet Explorer and advocates the use of other faster, better and more secure browsers like Firefox/Mozilla (I am one of those people myself) may let themseves in for silly arguments sometimes.

😂 😂

Its ok..everyone use anything he likes better. Its a personal choice and must be respected 😉

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

It found 77 infected items on my PC. Microsoft Anti-Spyware only found 3. Fear

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions