Microsoft Spyware

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

For your information

Microsoft have released a Spyware detection and removal tool (beta)➡

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?freetext=spyware&productID=&DisplayLang=en

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Hey,this is good

Scan times will vary to the size of your H/D and what youve got on it
On my PC about the same time to sacan as the Adware program

Good results,as you can call up info on each bit of spyware it finds,create a restore point,and remove 😀

Looks like this will also get rid of the IE hijack registry entries(the ones that send you to a dodgy search site)

I say looks like as I had this problem last year,but solved it by hunting down the registry entries by hand,so to speak.I fixed it and thought I had rid my PC of all the entries,but this prog just found 4 that I missed

I ran Adware 1st and it gave me a clean bill of health,this new MS thingy found 14 😳 and removed them 👍

Ermm... Not something you will hear me say too often...................Well done Microsoft Group Wave

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

I just installed it and of course it detected 6 spywares on my system, mostly to do with some peer to peer sites I used to frequent.

THANKS TTT for the info, you coame through again for all of us! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Thanks TTT! This program worked a lot better than SpySweeper from Circuit City, which I paid $30 for.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Thanks alot TTT, that new update really helped. In a quick scan, it found about 10 spywares!!! Thanks a lot 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Glad you all like it 👍

If you go into Advanced Tools you will find an internet cleaner,but WARNINING make sure you know what your are about to delete

2 to look out for are Windows Mapped Drives and Internet Explorer - Intelligent Forms - Auto complete Passwords

You should be able to safley put a tick against everything else

I wonder for how long it stays a free d/load,because as mentioned above,you can pay a fair bit of ££$$ for a program like this

Good old uncle Bill Embarassed

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Thanks TTT.

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

Following on from this, Microsoft have released another program called Malicious Software Removal Tool

have alook see here...8th down

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Popular.aspx?DisplayLang=en&categoryId=

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

sylvan wrote:

Following on from this, Microsoft have released another program called Malicious Software Removal Tool

have alook see here...8th down

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Popular.aspx?DisplayLang=en&categoryId=

👍 Thanks, I just ran it and came up clean. A very handy fast utility.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

👍 Worth having on your PC ,just in case
Blink and you miss it Blink

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...