freshly installed fs2002 crashes at start

djhg Guest

MSFS2002 crashes immediately after the splash screen.

Sometimes I don't even get the splash screen. Just a black screen, then a crash report box. No specific description line, though.

I've reinstalled it twice. I've diagnosed DirectX 9.0, which is working just fine. I've tried it with Antivirus turned off. My video drivers and windows XP pro are right up to date. MSCFS1 , IL2, and Jane's WWII work fine.

It's not installed on the C: drive, but neither are the others, and they work just fine.

I've googled the web and forums, but no other suggestions arise.

My system's an ASUS p4c800 motherboard, PIV 2.24Ghz with 2 GB of ram, and a Radeon 9700 pro (128 gggs video ram on the card.)

Any suggestions?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't have 2002 but in 2004 if that happens the first thing I ask is if you have a Flight Simulator folder in "My Documents" and if DirectX 9.0c is installed yet.

Radar

Tuskin Guest

Sorry for the bump, but that same thing ahppens with me on 2004, i have the latest DX installed

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Tuskin wrote:

Sorry for the bump, but that same thing ahppens with me on 2004, i have the latest DX installed

Do you have the folder (with contents) in "My Documents".

Radar

IT turns out that it MSFS only works if I disable my matrox "WYSIWYG CONTROL PANEL" (It's an automatic NTSC video out porting all AVI's to a tV Monitor via a video editing card). Thnks for the suggestions, though.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The important thing is that you have it working now.
Enjoy!

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...