Windows XP Service Pack 2

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

Hi guys. I have windows xp with service pack 1, and im thinking about downloading SP2. does anyone have it? and if so, are there glitches that are noticable? Thanks for the responses,
Robbier

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

robbier wrote:

Hi guys. I have windows xp with service pack 1, and im thinking about downloading SP2. does anyone have it? and if so, are there glitches that are noticable? Thanks for the responses,
Robbier

I have it installed for a long time.
I have read a thousand comlpains ,but i have never face up even to one small problem with it.
Personally i suggest to keep on with it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I've also had SP2 for a long time and have never had a noticeable problem with it Dont Know Some are lucky, some aren't 😉

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

thenks guys. and if possible can anyone supply a link so i can download SP2? thanks 😀

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

I dont disagree with Jon or GM 😉 but I had problem after problem. I did think, "well, surely it must make my machine run better" but it did'nt, for some reason it slowed it down. I got sick of useless microsoft messages coming up all the time, of which I could'nt find a way to turn off Wall Bashing But like I say, my machine slowed right down, so I got rid, and am back using SP1. My machine is back to as before with no glitches or anything, but as said, it's funny how SP2 works for some and not others. 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Even funnier how some folks don't realize those messages are there for a reason.

Not keeping current on all security updates puts everyone at risk. It is like driving a car without having the repairs done, required by a safety recall.

Obviously I have all SPs and security patches applied. Usually the same day as they are released.

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

Well i am still tryin to download it, but the microsoft update website is not working for me, and i cant seem to find the automatic update icon in the toolbar. a link or any help would be greatly appreciated

Pro Member Chief Captain

Have you tried downloading it from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The older the computer the more chances that you may have problems.
I would suggest reading this page first. Yes you can always uninstall it.

http://support.microsoft.com/xpsp2swhw

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

Even funnier how some folks don't realize those messages are there for a reason.

ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain

fourby wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

ROFL

Yep, I tend to be a fanatic when it comes to keeping computers secure. 😉

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Well better safe then sorry Crash, you never know whos lurking round the internet at the moment, or who is tracking my private data over the internet... 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

robbier wrote:

Well i am still tryin to download it, but the microsoft update website is not working for me, and i cant seem to find the automatic update icon in the toolbar. a link or any help would be greatly appreciated

I don't know how fast your internet connection is. If it's slow, I'd strongly recommend you Order the CD as well. It's free and it'll arrive in the mail much sooner than expected.
The link is on the same page - next one down from the Download SP2 link.

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

well, i installed service pack 2 on my pc and it caused so many problems that i eventually had to phone microsoft and the only option i had was to reinstall windows.....disaster!!

That was on the download version.

I then bought a magazine with it on a disc and it worked fine and i have had no problems since.

One tip, disable your antivirus when installing it!!!!

Micah 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...