French Caribbean Islands

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

I can't find either Grand Case, St Martin or St Barths in the list of airports though I know they are both there.

I fly into either without difficulty but can't seem to locate them in the list to use them as starters. I've looked at all the possibilities but found nothing, does anyone know how I can bring them up? Guadeloupe and Martinique are no problem and the Netherldand Antilles are likewise no problem but where are the minor French islands?

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

They are there.Try looking under Dutch Antilles for St Maartin 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

The St Martin (Sint Maarten) in the Netherlands Antilles group is the Dutch Airport (Juliana) in their part of the island. I can't find St Martin (Grand Case) which lies in the French part.

St Barths (St Barts) I can't find at all.

Thanks for your encouragement that they are in fact somewhere in FS

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😳 I cant find St Barts 😳
To get Grand Case,select country Any,and type in Grand Case in the airport name box at the top(all in select airport in FS)
I will find St Barts Wall Bashing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Aldeeb wrote:

I can't find St Martin (Grand Case) which lies in the French part.

You might find this interesting ➡ https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11396/new-st-maarten/

TFFG Grand Case

TFFJ St. Barthelemy

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

Hi Tailhook - thanks for your comment - I had a look at the link you quoted and I'm pretty sure I have both of the downloads for Grand Case and St Bart(h)s on my machine.

The problem is that I can't find either when creating a flight to use as a departure point - I've looked everywhere and tried everything I can think but nothing!

I fly out of Anguilla and approach the highly detailed Grand Case and land, after parking I can take off again. It shows on the "Map" and is also visibile in "Look Down". Similarly I fly too St B and land on an airport that it also marked on the map and shows up in Lookdown. I can take off. But I can't find either in the "from" list in "Create a Flight".

Why do you think this is so?

I once landed for real on St B and the approach was very hairy, literrally flying down the hill in an STOL, touching down at the very end and immediately going into "let's stop this thing quick" routine! There is a road directly under the descent line and we all but blew a cyclist clean off it!

rgds

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I've just tried Aldeeb, it's working fine on my end.

From the 'Create a Flight' window I click on 'Selected Location' and type in the 'Airport ID' ie. TFFG... have you tried it this way?

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

Thanks Tomthetank and Tailhook - I missed the reply advising me to go into the box and type in the name of the airport - I suspect the 4 identity letters works well too. Got both of them up ok - I typed in the full name for St Barts as I thought it might not care for abbreviations. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

🍻

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

Cracked it - both islands are under the administration of Guadeloupe and in FS are located under that island. I'd forgotten that.

Basing myself on St B to master the 28 approach which is distinctly unpleasant and I think probably impossible with anything much bigger than a "Twin Otter" - I'm using an Islander at the moment and have fitted it out with an ASI, AP and all the necessary Icon buttons (thanks to learning about Pushback). I must have a go at fitting it with a flap indicator too.

I must outlook the Jeppeson chart for St B, Grand Case is nowhere near so difficult as my memory told me.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...