Chasing the Morning Sun - and breaking the record

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Chasing the Morning Sun

After three years preparation, Worcestershire pilot and cancer survivor, Manuel Queiroz, is finally ready to take on the challenge of a lifetime to win for Britain a world speed record for solo circumnavigation of the globe - over 24,000 miles in less than 23 days in a single-engine homebuilt aircraft! As an engineer, working alone, Manuel has been responsible for carrying out all the preparation of the aircraft. As a pilot he has had to undergo all the additional training to equip himself for the many challenges involved with a long distance endurance flight. At last all is ready and the flight will start and finish at Gloucestershire Airport. Take off is scheduled for the early hours of Tuesday 28th February. You can follow Miguel's progress on his website here: http://www.chasingthemorningsun.com/

I hope he succeds! 😀

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Risk challenge ❗ .Wish him success. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Let´s wish him luck and a safe "Around the World" trip.

I can go to the Cascais Airport in Portugal and take some pics if I can. 😀 I live close to that airport so it won´t be a problem 😉

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

That would be awesome Agus, when is he due there in Portugal? If possible could you post any photos you take in this thread?

Pro Member Chief Captain

The website says that he´ll be arriving at Cascais on the 29th day.

http://www.chasingthemorningsun.com/route_table.htm

If I can go to the airport, I´ll take pictures and post them here in this thread. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Well, tomorrow or monday Manuel will arrive to Cascais Aerodrome, but I guess I won't be able to go. I don't even know when is he going to arrive at the Aerodrome. I'm sorry for that, Cheeky 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I live in Gloucester, 3 miles from his departure airport, so thanks for informing me about this, I might pop down there.

😀 😀 😀

PW

Pro Member Chief Captain

Cool! But do you know when is he going to arrive there?

Pro Member Chief Captain

I think he's already completed the run. According to the webiste he should have landed at Gloucestershire on the 23rd of March 😞

Although he lives in worcestershire and 'flies from Gloucestershire often' so if I keep my ears open I may be able to meet him 😀

PW

Pro Member Chief Captain

No no, he didn't complete the run. Read the news. His next stop is Cascais, Portugal. I live so close to the aerodrome of Cascais.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Oh right, thanks Agus.

😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

I wish him a safe trip too!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...