Why is the plane swaying so much? (technique?)

wantfsx Guest

Hi everyone! So, I've been flying fs9 for a while now but the one thing ive never seemed to figure out was how to stop the plane from chasing the correct course in autopilot....for example, if im set to a VOR going to it at 120 degrees, even if im far out, the plane will go to the correct course but keep turning right then left and right...etc. it just will not stay straight, it keeps chasing. I was wondering if there is anyway to correct this or make it minimal, thanks!

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

What is your distance from the station? How far does the needle vary, if any, from center? Some course roughness is realistic to real aircraft, especially a longer distances. When intercepting a VOR course, use a shallow(30 degree or less) intercept angle. The swaying will be accentuated when using accelerated time.

wantfsx Guest

Thanks crj! I was about 80 miles from the station and I intercepted it at a pretty large angle so I'll try to cut down on my angle a little and hopefully that should help. Thanks again for your help!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...