My First "Movie"

Ryan F. Guest

Hey everyone, this is my first aircraft "short-film" I made using Fraps and an editing program called Pinnacle. I had fun making it and plan on making more. Please let me know what you think!

HTML is disabled here.. so the link is:

Ryan Finn
CEO of Global Star Virtual Airlines
globalstar_ceo@yahoo.com

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Hey nice video!!! 👍

How do you get the view of the wings?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Great video, thanks for sharing! Gotta love the KLM livery. How do I save the clip to my HDD?

Which one of the 'Pinnacles' did you use?

Ryan F. Guest

Doyley.... If you want good wing views and lots of cool view features, get ActiveCamera, which is payware. However, if you just want the wing views (like me) it's simple. Go to FS2004 panel archives (i used Flightsim.com) and search for "wing views" (you can add what type of plane you're looking for too) ... many of the projectopensky, ifdg, etc.. aircraft have wing views. It's just a simple modification of the panel.cfg file. And it's free!! 😀

Tailhook.... I'm sorry i don't understand you're first question, what's HDD? (it's probably something obvious and I'll feel stupid, lol 😂 )
As for Pinnacle, I use Pinnacle Studios 9 ... I've made quite a few short films in real-life too.. one of which is on my youtube.com account.

Glad you guys enjoyed it! Thanks for the comments. 😀 😛 🙂 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Sorry for the confusion - HDD is Hard Drive. I want to keep the video so I can watch it over and over again. I'm a closet addict Secret

Ryan F. Guest

Tailhook -- I'm not sure if you have Fraps or not. If you don't it's free and easy to use at https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2649/fraps-303/

once you record a video using Fraps, it automatically saves to a folder of your choice. It can also create screeshots. It's a handy little program.

Any other way of creating a FS2004 video is probably more complicating and not worth while.

Word of warning: The free version of Fraps inhibits the amount of time you can record in one clip. However, this didnt stop me from simply starting another clip when one finished. All other features of Fraps, including screeshots, seem to work fine tho.

Happy flying! 😀

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

I think tailhook wanted to know how he could download your video to his hard drive 🙂

anyway, great movie 🙂 I use the same plane myself btw.. but I find those wings a bit weird. dunno why.. they just don't look normal 😞

1 of the best videos I've seen btw.. make more! 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

SeanGa wrote:

I think tailhook wanted to know how he could download your video to his hard drive 🙂

1 of the best videos I've seen btw.. make more! 🙂

Affirmative on both accounts Yes

My poor english getting in the way again Wall Bashing

Ryan F. Guest

Wow, thanks for the awesome compliments everyone! 😀

I will definitely be making more, I had fun doing this.

...and to SeanGA's comment about Tailhook downloading MY video to his Hard drive... well then unfortunately you cannot download clip from youtube.com (i dont think you can anyway)

but i will try and send it to you as an attachment (it's mpeg format)
let me know if you want the video for keeps

globalstar_ceo@yahoo.com

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Very nice job, I liked the roar of the aircraft and the announcements, it made it more realistic than music.
And you kept it short, thanks for that!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I am certainly no expert at this, but why don't you upload your videos to ➡ http://www.yousendit.com/

Most members here use yousendit and it works perfectly - might be something to consider in the future. Thanks for your efforts anyway 😀

Ryan F. Guest

Thanks for the tip tailhook. If you still want it, I'll need your email. Anybody else who wants it, let me know.

Happy flying! 😀

Pro Member First Officer
HowardsRock First Officer

What program are you using to get the announcements from the flight crew?

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

HowardsRock wrote:

What program are you using to get the announcements from the flight crew?

Possibly FS Passengers, you'll have to wait for Ryan's reply on that for confirmation. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Hey Ryan,

Great video you have worked on there - I love those wing views!! Great landing by the way and the sounds were brilliant - and as HowardRock said - could you provide a link as to where you got those announcements and also a link to your sounds??

Once again very well doneand keep up the videos and flying! 😉

P.S - Could you ALSO provide a link to the model that you used there - i am sorry i am asking for all these links ....because the reason I am is because I thought that every aspect of that vid was great and was just like to know where you got some of your downloads 🙂

Ryan F. Guest

Guys.. I am loving all this great feedback.. thanks!

I would be happy to provide some information and links. 😀

Concerning cabin announcements- You'd actually be surprised to hear that I'm not using FSPassengers. The voice of the pilot saying "We've been cleared to land.. etc..." Is actually me, which I added in later using the editing program (okay, okay.. so it's kinda cheating) lol .. but no visual effects were used. However, the flight attendant talking after landing is part of a freeware add-on I downloaded from FlightSim.com called "Flight Deck Sound Effects" ..or FDSFX. I highly recommend it. it includes all the cabin announcements you need, airport sounds, and cabin music (for boarding). All announcements can be switched on/off at any time, and this add-on works with any aircraft. Search for the zip file: fdsfxpnl.zip

Ok.. concerning all other questions:

The aircraft sounds I actually copied from a 737-700 in a Payware add-on for FS2002. I liked the sounds so much I simply copied the sounds to other aircraft, and to my surprise, it worked. So.. sorry guys.. there's no link to those sounds right now. 😞 (I'll work on possibly uploading them somewhere for you guys tho)

The model is ProjectOpenSky's newest release, the 737-800. This is an excellent model, and would probably be payware if it included a custom panel and sounds. Luckily, it's freeware, you just have to find a decent 737-ng panel and sounds. (the wing views are nice too!) the aircraft can be found at ProjectOpenSky.com --> then the download section.

Thanks for the comments!😀
Happy Flying
Ryan
globalstar_ceo@yahoo.com

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Want some more comments?

I really liked your video. It´s gorgeous!! 👍

The wingviews look so sexy ❤️ And the landing is so great.

BTW, I liked the lightning 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Hey Ryan,

thanks a lot for sharing the file names and all the other information with us. While looking for fdsfxpnl.zip at avsim (it's there as well), I found an interesting page which some of you who are partaking in this "topic with a difference" might want to have a look at.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2908/fs2004-flightdeck-sound-effects-panel/

My personal favourites: fdsfx_american_airlines.zip and vsswacol.zip... check out the file descriptions 😀

And yes, here's yet another extra for the Project Fokker fans fokker_fdsfx.zip -- I won't even try to find this in the Flyaway file library.

Let's play 🍻

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...