Runway Alignment

george82 Guest

What's the best way to line my boeing 73 7 up correctly with the runway using autopilot. I'm doing everything else right I think, reducing speed gradually, raising flaps accordingly and decreasing pitch altitude, but as I approach the threshold I never manage to touch down correctly on the runway.

Please help me.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

glidescope - if you are used to the aircraft it's not normally a problem staying on it.

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Not sure if it's a typo? But it's a glideslope

In response to both of your posts;

1) I've read through that whole thread, tried the APP switch, still the plane goes mental when I'm less than 10nm from runway, beloew 2500 ft, travelling a speed of 190 knots. I've even plugged in the ICAO of the runway into the GPS aswell as tuning the NAV1 frequency.

2) Taking off and mid-flight is not a problem. I can control the plane accurately, I've taken all the landing lessons including the full ILS approach and VOR etc etc..

I can line up with the runway when I can see it in the distance, it's just as Iget closer to the threshold I notice that I'm heading to far left or too far right and end up landing on the grass!

Arghhh

Cheers anyway guys

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

if you use the hsi to line up with the runway, make sure it is set correctly - in many aircraft you must set the course to the same heading as the runway.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Read one of my previous post. I hope that it helps. If I may, I suggest learning this in the Cessna 172. 🙂

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11522/gps-procedures-and-visual-approaches/#70490

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Just a thought if you use wold map and click on the airport check the heading for the runway a lot of time runway 25 will be slightly different like 252 degrees etc.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...