FS2Crew

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

I must admit, that FS2Crew is new to me and I have'nt seen it before. I've just downloaded some sample video/sounds from there site, and am well impressed. I think I am going to purchase it, but just wondered if anyone else uses this add-on ??? For anyone that has'nt come accross it, I'd recommend downloading the video's to see exactly how good I think it is 😉

http://www.fs2crew.com/cart/categories/FSX-Products/

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

I posted on a couple of boards to ask for impressions and with a couple of exceptions people said that it's nice, but you get tired of it fast. Going through every little item on the checklist, panels opening left and right... how many times will you want to do it?

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

Bindolaf wrote:

Going through every little item on the checklist, panels opening left and right... how many times will you want to do it?

True, I may buy it for the PMDG 737 just to give it a try though. Like you say, if I get fed up of it I can always switch it off.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Hey fourby, you should go with FS2Crew if you really like to fly by the book. FSPassengers adds realism to flight simulator for sure, but FS2Crew really adds it where it counts -> in the cockpit! You get a fully functional co-pilot, who really does take a lot of the pressure off. For instance, when you land, he takes care of his own silent checklist, which includes raising the flaps, turning on the taxi-lights and off the landing-lights, starts the APU, adjusts the bleeds, and many other things. It doesn't rob you of control in the plane, but rather it helps share the load so you can be responsible for the things you should be. I definitly love having the procedures, checklists, and structure to the flying, and havn't wanted to un-install it yet!

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

originalgrunge.... I can't decide which version to go for 🙄 the special edition cd, or the FS2004 default edition. I already have the PMDG 737-800/900 which I'm planning using FSCrew2 with.
But after saying all this in this post, I now can't make my mind up, wether to go for ..... (changing the subject) FSCrew2, or Captain Sim's C-130 🙄 I know ther's abit of a price difference like, but I'm swaying towards the C-130 at the moment.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Yeah, FS2Crew professional edition, the one for the PMDG 800/900 series, is worth the price. However, I mostly enjoyed it since at the time I was working through several hundred hours of that category rating with United Virtual. If you don't have reason to sit in the cockpit day in day out, it may not be worth it.

The C130 does look fantastic, and I'm sure the guys will reccomend that one to you!

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

this package looks interesting, havn't seen it before.
i agree though it could become tiresome

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...