just a silly one.

Pro Member First Officer
simon roourke (simon123) First Officer

Right can someone tell me what the correct speed and ATT is to land a 737. Full fuel and passengers. Its just that I always make a hard landing
And if im on fs passenger it always says passengers don’t know if they had crashed or landed hard.

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Never land an aircraft with full fuel. Calculate your fuel accordingly before you depart 😉

Odyssey Guest

If you check the kneeboard on the reference page, it should tell you the target landing speed for the amount of passangers and fuel you have on board. I'm not sure but I think it's around 140- 150 KIAS.

🙂 Od

Pro Member First Officer
simon roourke (simon123) First Officer

well thanks guys ❗
but can,t you DUMP fule?
that would be cool to see ❗

Odyssey Guest

Perhaps that's another thing we should be able to do in FS2006...
I just press ALT and change my fuel from the Aircraft menu.

🙂 Od

yeah that is true, damping fuel would also be a very nice effect on fs2006. I mean is this so hard to do? Come on, just add some 2 nice contrails, and fatser burning on fuel, let us x16 so it could be almost as dumping. how easy is this algorytm? Good, those micro scoop guys, so lazy.

Another way about right speed for landing is keeping your aircraft on full flaps with such a speed, that your horizontal indicator is exaclty in neutral position,

so not like this which would be:
```___|___
===== | ===== <-- too slow,add more throttle

===== ===== <-- too fast, take out some of throttle Fear
' ' ' -----|-----

=====----|-----===== <-- 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Why would you need to dump fuel? You should be NO WHERE near full when landing.

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

You would need to dump or burn fuel for various reasons....if you are at all up weight lose a BRT on TO then you need to land ASAP. Full fuel could well mean being well over MLW.

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

I believe the default 737's say 147 knots in their kneeboard for approach. I usually cut the throttles at 10 feet and landing speed is usually around 134 with 4-5 degrees nose up.

Good luck.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

PH wrote:

You would need to dump or burn fuel for various reasons....if you are at all up weight lose a BRT on TO then you need to land ASAP. Full fuel could well mean being well over MLW.

Well yes but he's making it seem he needs to dump fuel becaues he seems to either be taking off with way too much fuel to begin with or because he has fuel consumption off.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...