Takeoff Flaps with FSPassengers

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

when i finish a flight my fspassengers report says i didnt set the flaps correctly when i was taking off. am i meant to put the flaps on when im taking off?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Yes, well saying that it depends on the plane, lenth of the runway etc etc.

For example, on my flying lessons I fly a Piper Tomahawk from EGGP which is a fairly long runway so I do not need to use flaps for takeoff but the large aircraft need to. Concorde made a few flights to/from there when it was flying Wink

Anyway, what plane do you use? It will depend what plane you are using for the correct flaps. When im flying a 737 I press F7 3 times before takeoff which gives me flaps 5 but in an airbus a340 pressing F7 once gives me flaps 5 which is the correct take off flaps.

If you are flying a default aircraft read the manual about takeoff and it will give you the correct flaps setting. If not see if you can find it in other places.

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Flaps create more lift at lower speeds - thats the main use of them so my post above will make more sense if you think of why they are used.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I believe, well from what I've experienced, no matter what the plane with FS Passengers you need to set a 5 degrees of flaps on takeoff. If you do have flaps set on take off and you're still getting that message you are either setting them too early, set them right before takeoff, or you could be retracting them way to early.

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so thats what flaps are for when taking off. ok guys cheers for the help 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Solotwo wrote:

I believe, well from what I've experienced, no matter what the plane with FS Passengers you need to set a 5 degrees of flaps on takeoff. If you do have flaps set on take off and you're still getting that message you are either setting them too early, set them right before takeoff, or you could be retracting them way to early.

I believe this is the correct point for FSPax(its the way it works for me too) and dear Doyley's is the correct point for real life. 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...