Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

PCpilot

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Just wondering what all your opinions on this magazine are becasue i'm thinking of subscribing.

PW 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I occasionally buy PC Pilot. I enjoy the magazine and I'm thinking of getting a subscription also. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

I highly reconmend it as it's the only PC magazine dedicated to Flight Sim. I buy most of the time as and when money allows. It's well worth it.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks guys, I think i'm going to subscribe 😀

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

I thought it was way too expensive personally... for the price of a subscription - only 6 issues if I remember correctly? - you can get a nice add-on for your FS. I don't know, I may just be a cheap bastard 😛

Pro Member Chief Captain

well, it's bimonthly so there are only 6 editions every 12 months, maybe a bit expensive but they often include quite a few quality downloads on their cover CD. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

well, it's bimonthly so there are only 6 editions every 12 months, maybe a bit expensive but they often include quite a few quality downloads on their cover CD. 😉

Some of the quality on there CD's are awsome. If your dial-up (what's that) then these CD's are a life line.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I used to subscribe to PC Pilot and Computer Pilot simultaneously which gave me a chance to compare.
I agree with Bindolaf, PC Pilot is too expensive, especially if compared to Computer Pilot.
I found that the files on the included CD were not worth the extra money as they are freely available on the net and many a time were already outdated i.e. without fixes etc. by the time the magazine arrived.

Out of the two, Computer Pilot gets my vote ➡ http://www.computerpilot.com/