Flight1 Ground Environment 2006

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Anyone else using Flight1 Ground Environment 2006?

It is a vast improvement texture and autogen-wise, but I find one problem. It doesn't know where the shoreline is. The Queen Mary and tankers in and around Long Beach, CA are on land. There are cruise ships on land in Miami, FL. Shore lines hace sawtoothed edges and there are now square ponds. 😳

Anyone else seeing this?

Answers 21 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Hm, I use GE and it works fine. Sounds like some caching issue. Try not using the no-cd crack (if you're using it) or reloading the textures (or both)?

Pro Member Chief Captain

I emailed the developers. If they've heard from anyone with the same problem, they should be able to let me know. I also offered to provide them with screen shots if it will help them analyze the problem. It is certainly the most resource-friendly scenery enhancement I've tried.

This should at least prove I haven't lost all of my mind. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

And another:

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

I had that problem when - before my new full reinstall - I had the minimum installation and used "new" textures without the CD in the drive. Had the exact same thing. Using CD4 and no crack restored everything to order. Other than that, can't help, sorry =/

Pro Member Chief Captain

I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I believe I have found the problem. It is a little different than the one you experienced.

Mine only effects the US. The most likely cause is that the uninstallation of Ultimate Terrain USA hung. That happened just before I installed GE 2006.

The coasts of England, Japan, and Madagascar all look correct.

Now, if I can figure out how to adjust the US, it will be fine. Anyone with a suggestion is welcome to reply.

Pro Member First Officer
vlad (tiger7881) First Officer

😂 😂 😂 😂 Its looks u just messed up ur FS9 !!! 😎 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

tiger7881 wrote:

😂 😂 😂 😂 Its looks u just messed up ur FS9 !!! 😎 😀 😀 😀

I'm glad it makes you so happy. Horse

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Run Ultimate Terrain and choose "restore default textures"? Then install GE over that.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Bindolaf wrote:

Run Ultimate Terrain and choose "restore default textures"? Then install GE over that.

I was thinking of doing that, but since it is patially uninstalled, I will have to reinstall it and then do as you suggest. I just want to think it through first before I break things further. 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
vlad (tiger7881) First Officer

lol ty i am very happy!!!! Group Wave

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

tiger7881 wrote:

that was uncalled for Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain

crosscheck9 wrote:

tiger7881 wrote:

that was uncalled for Mad

Don't worry about it. There will always be a few people I wish hadn't paid their $5.00. Twisted Evil

Besides, if that's what makes him happy, I feel sorry for him that he doesn't have a life. Or not. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Err is it just me or are you guys taking his tiger7881s comments a little too seriously??? 🙄 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Just a quick question if you don't mind Grash, Have you got the latest update?

The current release version is: 1.05.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Err is it just me or are you guys taking his tiger7881s comments a little too seriously??? Rolling Eyes Wink

Maybe. But, since Bindolaf's idea of restoring the original textures with Ultimate Terrain USA and then applying Ground Environment 2006's textures, turns out to have cured the problem, I'm afraid tiger7881 will be very sad now. Someone ought to cheer him up. Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Twist Tongue Twist Tongue Twist ROFL ROFL ROFL

Last edited by CrashGordon on Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain

Liono wrote:

Just a quick question if you don't mind Grash, Have you got the latest update?

The current release version is: 1.05.

I'm getting it now since it was just released. It turns out that either UT USA or something interacting with it, is the culprit. GE doesn't change landclasses.

Now that I know how to solve the problem, I will tinker with adding a few of UT USA's fetures in and see what happens.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

Err is it just me or are you guys taking his tiger7881s comments a little too seriously??? 🙄 😉

No, it's not just you. One would think that more 'mature' members would by now have figured out that by their constant bickering they are only fuelling the fire.

Deep-seated anger, frustration and immaturity are the causes for this childish behaviour.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I received my BA in psychology in 1964. When did you get yours?

Getting back on topic. The problem occurred because UT USA has some options to modify landclasses , enhance coastlines and "fix" improperly located FS objects.

This appears to allow GE 2006 to place textures where they don't belong. By turning of UT's landclass and relocation/coast enhancements, I was able to get UT and GE to play nice.

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

lol i dont think tiger7881 even knows where he is 😂

honestly.. i don't think he reads... he's just a happy person.

anyway.. glad to see you sorted everything out crashgordon 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain

pilotguy44 wrote:

lol i dont think tiger7881 even knows where he is 😂

honestly.. i don't think he reads... he's just a happy person.

You apparently have some insight (the word, not the forum member) I sure don't.😉

anyway.. glad to see you sorted everything out crashgordon 👍

Thanks. I just flew from KMIA to KIAD and with the exception of a few roads sticking out into the ocean for 100 ft. or so, all is well. That kind of thing is expected when UT and MS can't agree on the shape of the world. 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...