prop aircraft

Pro Member First Officer
ste (tazz126) First Officer

hi how are you all just to ask what is the best and the fastest prop aircraft
you can fly and is it good to tech on and is it possible to send a link to it please ❓ 😉 😂 😎 😀

Last edited by ste (tazz126) on Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer

thanx crj captwill it be good to teach on

Last edited by ste (tazz126) on Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

for something smaller you could try the shorts tucano i have reviewed on my site, it's very nimble. it does 300knots anyway.

Pro Member First Officer

😂 thanks for that my Friend u don't by Anny chance having it on your site or were i can get it from do you

Last edited by ste (tazz126) on Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I don't think the Tu-114 Rossiya is a good learning aircraft. I just submitted it to you because you asked for the fastest propeller aircraft and the Tu-144 holds the World speed record. The best learning propeller aircraft is the Cessna 172. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

simshed.co.uk

and woo for the cess-pit 172! the one in my sig is clean 😳

Pro Member First Officer

not a prob my Friend ill fly it. it dose look nice not a prob

Last edited by ste (tazz126) on Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

tazz126 wrote:

what is the best and the fastest prop aircraft
you can fly

First I'd like to point out to you that two superlatives only ever meet in dreams.

The fastest prop I'm aware of is the P-51. It may well be the best in certain aspects... but not all around.
You asked for the fastest prop - some folks seem to suffer from the illusion that the more props the faster. Wrong.

Does a 747 with 4 engines fly faster than an F-18 with only 2 powerplants? No. Which of the two is the 'better' aircraft? I leave that for you to ponder.

If you want the fastest prop, very manouverable (and you won't encounter Rod's belligerent drivel but have fun instead) hop into a P-51 Mustang and let it roar.
The best one for fs9 at the moment is by a very prolific japanese author whose name I just can't think of at the moment. But you can go for the Reno Racers as well - beautiful and full of fire but you might have to mess with the flight dynamics a little.

Have fun!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Here is a link to aircraft speed records, you won't find the P-51 Mustang on the list. For speed alone, the P-51 Mustang is not the fastest. For the question of best, that depends on the use. With over 35,000 produced my choice for best overall propeller aircraft is the Cessna 172.

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/performance/q0023.shtml

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

wow the tu-114 really is the fastest prop 😳

Pro Member First Officer

thanx to you all for the info nice 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Oh, silly me, I thought tazz126 was looking for a prop a/c and further I was assuming that he was looking for one that wasn't to difficult to fly or have fun with.
One thing I can tell you from first hand experience (in the virtual realm of course), the P-51 is easier to land than the Tu-114 and you can do barrell rolls and all kinds of crazy stuff.

On another note, I doubt tazz126 would have started this topic in the first place had he found the C-172 appealing for his experimentations.

For goodness sake, let's leave puritanism behind and have fun instead Ha Ha 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

No way he wants the Tu-114, just having some fun with tazz126. 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i mainly brought up the shorts tucano as it's fast, fun and very high quality. quality = fun, so two funs added together = 😀 never tried a p51 but i'm sure that's good too.

i'm off to play with my spitfire

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

tazz126 wrote:

hi how are you all just to ask what is the best and the fastest prop aircraft
you can fly and is it good to tech on and is it possible to send a link to it please ❓ 😉 😂 😎 😀

Okay, I finally found what I had been looking for. Maybe it's not the fastest prop aircraft in FS but that's still disputable. This one is the best freeware P-51 for fs9 - period. If compared to the others I for one think that the flight dynamics are better and the whole model and panel looks better. Last but not least it's got the best soundset.

Take your pick - top of the page. A real ripper 😀

By the way, many historians now say that the Spitfire wouldn't have had the impact in the famous battle without the aid of the P-51.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...