Microsoft Word

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Hey peeps,

On word, when I type these little black flag like things come up and also inbetween each of the words I type a dot appears.

How do I get rid of these annoying things??

Thanks

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
its me liam Guest

steve maybe you could post a screenie maybe then i could help you

😉

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

You have this option selected, which is on the toolbar and looks like a black flag as they appear on the text. Just un-select it and it should hopefully be gone.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Mc_Gansta is right. There is a button that looks like this:

Un-highlight it and your problems should go away! By the way, it is a visual paragraph aid to see where you paragraphs and spaces are 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

The button is the non printable symbols button, it shows up the symbols like spaces and carrage returns (when you hit the enter key).

Do as above and all will be well.

Guest Ed Guest

I really hate MS Word. It is so stubborn, and the "Help" is worthless. If you don't already know what you need to find, you'll never find it in Help.

I do a lot of writing at work, and if I have a choice I'll write in WordPerfect, then export it as a Word file to distribute to others. That's much easier than using Word.

If I have to edit a document in Word, I do the best I can then send it to a tech editor to straighten out all the formatting.

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

I get on pretty well with word - I have my gripes with it but mostly it isn't so bad.

Once you figure out the mystical language of the MS help file - that can actually be useful too 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...