seattle, cessna 172

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

you know how when you start fs2004 the things already selected are cessna 172 and seattle intl and fair weather?
how do i change these?
for example if i wanted to change the airport to san fransisco instead....

Answers 20 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

brownbox wrote:

you know how when you start fs2004 the things already selected are Cessna 172 and Seattle intl and fair weather?
how do i change these?

Go to the Select flight page. Select the stored flight that you want then check the box at the bottom that says " Make this the default flight". 🙂

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

cool! thanks for the help 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Trainee
wscott52 Trainee

This would be a good time to say, RTFM!!! (ReadTheFreakingManual). Seriously FS2004 has good documentation online in the Learning Center. A little time spent there will greatly improve your FlightSim experience.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

wscott52 wrote:

This would be a good time to say, RTFM!!! (ReadTheFreakingManual). Seriously FS2004 has good documentation online in the Learning Center. A little time spent there will greatly improve your FlightSim experience.

Questions are always welcome...Besides its a way to communicate... 😉

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

wscott52 wrote:

If the best you can offer is "RTFM" i suggest you dont bother.

We are all here for practical help..... if we were all to simply RTFM from front to back and memorise every last word without error then this forum would be dead.

Such comments in my view are on a parr with "google it".

In summary RTFM is a response that should not be welcome here.

A question not asked is a question not answered

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Well put Kianok. Clap

Think of it this way. Suppose that you're in a gym and a stranger ask you what time the gym closes. Do you tell them " go to the front door, turn around and read the sign! No, you tell them it's 8:00PM or you don't know or you're not sure. You are polite. You may think it's lazy to just ask you but if you say the first statement, and they are bigger, you would get your butt kicked. Let's be nice and polite. I agree with you Kianok.

Wscott52: It's just a small question, it should not bother you, just don't answer if it makes you mad.

Last edited by CRJCapt on Sun May 21, 2006 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total
Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Sorry but the google it or RTFM response get my goat every time.

Yes, some times there are what seem to be simple questions but we all have to start somewhere.

To me it's a bit like screaming at a learner driver... that was us once upon a time!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

More than agree with both of you. ❗ ❗ ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Its better to ask a stupid question than make a stupid mistake 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

Well put Kianok. Clap

Think of it this way. Suppose that you're in a gym and a stranger ask you what time the gym closes. Do you tell them " go to the front door, turn around and read the sign! No, you tell them it's 8:00PM or you don't know or your not sure. You are polite. You may think it's lazy to just ask you but if you say the first statement, and they are bigger, you would get your butt kicked. Let's be nice and polite. It's just a small question. It should not bother you, just don't answer if it makes you mad.

Unfortunately, politeness goes out the window in some cases on the internet 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I was wondering if they had never think of the fact that probably they will put a question once...
Would they like to been answered by this way...I just wondering... Dont Know

TimTim Guest

This forum is the best forum on the internet that I have seen for asking questions (even forums that have nothing to do with aviation)

Everytime I asked a question here, I always got a few great answers, and everyone willing to answer every question I asked no matter how beginner (or n00bish) it was 🙂

Also everytime I answered a question for somebody else, I always got a big thank-you for answering it 😀

I also think that guests are very "under-control" here. Unlike in the gallery guests were abusing the system, it doesn't happen at all in the forum with guests.

👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thats why im boggling if Guests must not allowed to post in forums.

Nice words Tim Tim. ❗ 👍

TimTim Guest

Greekman72 wrote:

Nice words Tim Tim. ❗ 👍

You see... lol!! 😀

Thanks Greekman72

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Funny how the topic went, well....off topic 🙄

Pro Member Trainee
wscott52 Trainee

Greekman72 wrote:

wscott52 wrote:

Questions are always welcome...Besides its a way to communicate... 😉

His question had already been answered accurately. I thought the rest of my post showed the first sentence was mainly in jest. FS2004 is an extremely complicated application and reading what documentation is provided is one of the best ways to get the most out of it. His question was very basic and the answer to it is at the bottom of the Select Flights page. I came here with questions that didn't seem to have an answer in the documentation or MS online Knowledge Base. I'm sure at times I will have questions that are in the documentation but were missed by me. My comment was meant to be a helpful suggestion to enable him to get the most out of his FS experience. So to all who took offense, "Lighten Up, Francis".

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

None has taken your post as an offensive one,except maybe the first poster but we dont know about it since he didnt reply yet.

😉

We just put our personal opinions to the point.And of course there is no matter to not ask something ,caue of the fear that we would waiting you in order to revenge with the RTFM answer... ❗

All clear and with no problems... 😉 😀

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

No offence taken wscott52, just voicing my opinion 🍻

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

wow i wonder who brought this old topic back up again

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

wscott52 wrote:

😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...