Flight plans airliner pilot

Iamcrap Guest

Hi evryone. I am the newest person in the world here. How do I program a flight plan in airliner pilot. I ahve just learnt how to push bck so that is useful but I cannot program a flight plan.
Do i do tht and then put auto pilot on? How to you activate the glide slope on approach. Generally guys, what the heck am I supposed todo from word go to anding?

Please help.

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Well, if it helps any, I am crap too. 😀

Probably an idea to do the lessons before taking to the air in big jetliners, but then again, I just can't resist the temptation to crash a 747 for fun either. I even managed to land one once, but I suspect that was just luck.

To maintain a heading - activate the AP and press "HDG". To stay somewhat on course, use the "NAV" function of the AP. Someone will no doubt have a better explanation, but "NAV" keeps you going in the right general direction. There's a lot more to it, far more than could be explained in a post (and certainly not a post by me, heh) which is why the lessons are a good idea.

To see the ILS, you need to have your NAV radio tuned to the frequency for the runway you are trying to land on. You can find this by going to map view and clicking on the airport, then reading the details for the runway ATC has given you. There is a very good post on how to do approaches - perhaps someone else can list it here as I'm b*ggered if I can find it now.

In any case, just have fun.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The Learning Center within Flight Simulator has lessons and information that will answer all of your questions. We are here for the things that you still don't understand. Learn in the Cessna 172, you will save yourself much aggravation. When you understand the basics, then move to larger aircrafts. 🙂

*No such thing as Airliner Pilot. Flight Simulator just has different aircraft.

iamcrap Guest

Thanks for the reply.

Just inputting a flight plan is a real hardhip. I dont know where to start.

Re fuelling? Closing doors?

I dont know. It all seems so hard and I think I am maybe complicating things. I would love it if there was something you could read that takes you from the stand to touchdown that explaons everything from start to finish.

James

iamcrap Guest

Hi crjcapt.

Airliner pilot is an add on for fs2004. I bought it the otherday. It allows you to start a flying career and head up through the ranks and to bigger aircraft.

James

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I thought that was what you were talking about but when you asked basic questions I assumed that you were just new to Flight Simulator. Embarassed I don't have that add on, they should have a forum but I don't know for sure. 🙂

Here's the FAQ: http://www.justflight.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=46&downloadCommunityID=5&supportProductName=Airliner%20Pilot

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

iamcrap wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

Just inputting a flight plan is a real hardhip. I dont know where to start.

Re fuelling? Closing doors?

I dont know. It all seems so hard and I think I am maybe complicating things. I would love it if there was something you could read that takes you from the stand to touchdown that explaons everything from start to finish.

James

There is, sort of. The flying lessons. Of course, that starts you in a Cessna, but I guess that's how real pilots learn.

If you want to mess about in big jets, well, why not? This is a game, intended for fun. But the learning curve is steep: you would need to be prepared to crash and burn a lot 😀

To input a flight plan, hit "Create a Flight" on the main screen, then "Flight Planner" and select your start and destination airports. Then hit "Find Route", making sure you have chosen the correct route type - low or high altitude, GPS, VOR to VOR. Before you do this, make sure you have chosen the type of aircraft you wish to fly, otherwise you could spend all of 2006 flying London-Sydney in a Cessna.

It also helps to turn the weather off. Mangles the realism, of course, but if you're a total beginner (like me) there's something to be said for pretence.

But seriously, do the lessons. I'm beginning to get the hang of things. I still mess about in jets for fun, but I don't really expect things to work - I don't know enough yet.

iamcrap Guest

Perhaps I should forget airliner pilot for a while and just do all the lessons in flight simulator.

Thanks for your advice. I will be back when I understand the basics.

James

i am crap Guest

Thanks Antone.

I am off for a try now. I will begin the lessons and work through them.

You guys have all been really helpfull. I think I will join the forum.

James

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

iamcrap wrote:

Perhaps I should forget airliner pilot for a while and just do all the lessons in flight simulator.

Thanks for your advice. I will be back when I understand the basics.

James

The lessons are good, and I like the instructor, despite the lame jokes.

Whatever you do, have fun with MSFS. That's what it's for. 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

antone wrote:

Whatever you do, have fun with MSFS. That's what it's for. 😎

Goes for me too. 🙂 🍻

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

CRJCapt wrote:

Goes for me too. 🙂 🍻

Yah. Incompetence, crashing jets into Three Mile Island...all in a day's work for me. And I love it.

Actually, my biggest problem is finding Three Mile Island. How can I crash into it if I don't know where it is? 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Try FHAW. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

iamcrap,

Just a bit of advise - DONT TAKE THE BIG JETS UP FIRST!!!!!

As much as you may find them attarcting and alluring to fly... DON'T.

Go through the Flight Simulator Lessons - they take a bit of time but when you finish them you will feel like you have achieved something!

When I first got FS - I took a 737 and landed in a field - what was the point!!!??

But when I took the lessons I got a basic understanding of what small props like cessna's operate like. There are many people here who fly small props so if you feel that flying small props isn't what others fly then you are wring my friend.

Don't worry about all those minor things like closing doors and that etc.. they are all to be learnt in due course.

If you like - I can take you through a test flight on the Flight Simulator Multiplayer. I will tell you how to do it if you fancy doing it with me.

If you want I could lay out a set of notes on how to fly a cessna if you like?

Tell me what you think - and remember we here at Flyaway are here to answer you questions night and day - so at anytime you want to ask a question - just pop in and ask 😉

Regards,

Mike

P.S - Do you have MSN - if so could I have your email address so it will be easier to discuss this. 🙂

iamcrap Guest

Hi Steve that would be cool. I could do with a lesson.

Do you know how to set the fuel?

jdhuish1@hotmail.com

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...