Helicopter with an ejector seat!!!

Pro Member Trainee
azabro Trainee

Think about it and then post your thoughts on this Censored CRAZY idea!

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

you'd get minced by the blades

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

Two different versions...

The Americans put explosive bolts on Huey's, so they could blow the blades off in the event of an emergency. I don't know why they never went through with it.

The Russians blow the pilot out of the side of the KA-50 Hocum(aka Werewolf).

I know two pilots who JUMPED out of their UH-1 in Vietnam with parachutes and survived.

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

to noworries' comment... yes i've heard of the exploding bolts on today's modern fighter helicopters... the blades literally blast off the helicopter within seconds and the pilot(s) is (are) ejected upward, like in a fighter jet.

by the way.. here's a picture of that russian "werewolf" helicopter
-very strange lookin' craft

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Intersting picture Pilotguy 😀

I never thought i'd see a helicopter that looked like a wolf! 😉

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

the new updated hokum is the KA52 alligator

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

bugger! Sorry, I don't know how to put pictures on. Type it in on google images if you even care.

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

lenin wrote:

the new updated hokum is the KA52 alligator

hope the pic works![/img]

It's even out as a game. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Are there any helicopters with ejection seats?

Yes. The Russian Zvezda K-37 seat system was specifically developed for use in the Kaman Ka-50 Black Shark, and is also used in the Ka-52 Alligator attack helicopter. The seat is more of a tractor rocket system than a full ejection seat, but it does provide for escape from the helicopter. The system first fires explosive bolts to jettison the rotor blades then jettisons the canopies and finally tractors the crewmen out. Their parachutes automatically deploy seconds later. In the United States, some work was done on a similar concept using an AH-1 Cobra helicopter, and a crew module system was tested on an H-21. Neither was followed up on. 🙂

www.ejectionsite.com

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer
Pro Member First Officer
Taylor (Flyboy92) First Officer

here you go lenin you got the img thingys backwards!

Flyboy92

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...