Cut off?

Every time I get about 30 minutes into the flight it stops the flight and says 'We are sorry, but FS2004 has an error. Anything unsaved will be lost.' I already tried reinstalling it, but we got a new drive and I installed it on the older one, so that might have something to do with the problem. 😕 Forgive me if this is off topic or a bad explanation. Embarassed www.fsinsider.com

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

It is the right place to ask. I am assuming that it happens with different planes in different locations. If so, I would suspect that FS is trying to access an area of memory in RAM that is in use by another process.

There are a number of utilities that can check the integrity of your hard drives and test your RAM, though I am not in a position to recommend one since I haven't had the need to perform such tests.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

It could be also on overheating problem.Cleaning your fans and CPU's heatsink could be a try to solve the problem.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It may also be overheating, clean your existing fans and heatsink and if you can add a fan to the rear (exhaust) of your computer.
Also what Crash said is true, free up some of your memory with this program.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2948/fsautostart-v11/

Radar

Embarassed Greekman, I type slowly.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

It may also be overheating, clean your existing fans and heatsink and if you can add a fan to the rear (exhaust) of your computer.

Radar

Maybe...but your post is more specific than mine... 😉

Don Wood Guest

If none of the solutions above work, it may also be a combination of on-line activity and virus protection. I have Norton Anti-virus on my system and I was plagued with Sim Window failures until I started shutting down my modem before starting Sim. Since that time, I have not had a single failure. As a rule of thumb now, I never run sim with any other applications or with the cable modem on-line.

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

Sorry, but the computer I'm using right now is for internet only, no games or anything like that. The one I use for games is farely old (a 1998 computer). We don't have internet access for the old computer. Embarassed Thanks for the advice, though, and keep giving me some if you can. Secret

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

By programs I don't mean games, I'm talking about process and applications that build up slowly after the computer is turned on.
Go to your Task Manager and you probably have 35 or 40 running.
By the way, Norton is a memory hog, if your just going to fly and not go on the net you can disable it for the flight, that will show up as a number of process that are running in the background also.
Did you clean it, have you recently defragged it.
Is it running XP or 9x as an OS.
If you are running 98ME that's your problem, it leaks memory.
Radar

I use Windows XP on both computers.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

[quote="Anonymous"]I use Windows XP on both computers.[/quote

Did you try anything else that I mentioned. We can go on like this forever if you don't tell us what you have tried and what happened.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...