odd question, airline pilots, read this

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

hey this is going to be an odd question.. but i was thinking before about someday when/if i do become an airline pilot, whether it be captain or first officer, what do you think the odds are of one of my former high school colleagues or teachers being on one of my flights?

i realize it's a bizarre question.. but i thought how neat would it be for one of my friends growing up was on a plane someday (after we had gone our separate ways) and they heard my name announced as captain?

and to any of you members on this site who are airline pilots... has this ever happened to you?

(yay, my 200th post :wink🙂

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
oreo005 First Officer

CONGRATS ON YOUR 200TH POST!!!
(i have nothing to say about your topic)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Theres a small chance it can happen, depending on the airline you work for. If you are working on a 747 as a Captain (i.e. you have been working with that flight company for 15+ years) then the chances of you flying the aircraft with people you know aboard are getting even more likely.
I suppose it just depends on the airline you are working for, the longevity of your career and the type of aircraft your flying - A nice surprise to anyone that knows you if it does happen

😉

Guest Ed Guest

pilotguy44 wrote:

what do you think the odds are of one of my former high school colleagues or teachers being on one of my flights?

In my case, I'd have to ask: if someone who knew me heard that I was the pilot, what are the odds that they would ask to be let off the plane? 😂

Ed

Pro Member First Officer

lol.. like some friend you met at a party in high school:

"...and in command of your flight this morning is captain..."

then they'll be thinking...
"Isn't that the kid I saw piss-drunk at that party 20 years ago?"

😂 ROFL

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

hahahahahahahahaha ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
Sorry for my over-rofling!

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

im sorry Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

I've always thought about that, I guess you would be resonably likely to fly someone you know during your piloting career, whether you know about is another question.

A similar situation has happened with my current maths teacher. He went to school with my friends grandad, taught my friends dad at school, and now he is teaching myself and my friend! It's a very, very, small world these days - well country shall I say (even though it is 4 million, so it's not that small). 😉

Pro Member First Officer

indeed.. we live in a small world

6 billion people.. yet we run into the ones we know all the time 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...