How to tow gliders?

sobaka Guest

Hi,
I've had fs2004 over a year now and I guess it's time I finally asked someone. Is there a way to tow gliders up into the air from the runway? (I want to be flying the glider, not the tow plane). I don't see any key assignment mentioned for it. I can fly the gliders, both default and add-on by clicking slew mode, (Y) and then simply lifting it to altitude using F4 but that's not very realistic. It would be so much nicer if I could be towed up then release. If it's possible, I don't know about it. Can someone please clue me in. Thank you.

Sobaka Crying or Very sad

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

No it's not possible to use a tow plane as the sim now stands.
I believe that there is a pay add-on that would help but I'd have to look for it.
Right now someone else might remember it.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

There's no way to tow the aircraft. You need to slew. Press Y then F4 then when you consider that altitude correct press Y again and your done.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

hinch wrote:

wronggggggggg.

http://www.fsglider.de/p_e.htm

Nice find hinch 👍

Who's gonna translate it into English for us?

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

a) open up the air file, change the engine type to 1 and number of engines to 1

- a1) *i can't see any relevance in it*

..ok i just realised most people can't open an air file. i'malso bored of attempting to translate - just follow the pics hehe.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...