Is FSX Coming Before Vista?????

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The latest theory based on the now later release of Vista, it seems reasonable. Do we want 2 versions and will we pay for 2 versions.
The chances of MS giving us a free downloadable upgrade to me is slim and none.

One-A new FSX in 32 bit that won't have all the bells and whistles.

Two-A second version in 64 bit that will carry the promise of new and exciting graphics that can be used by a 64 bit OS.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/1665/

Radar

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Interesting RM 👍 Maybe its not a bad thing that FSX could be released before Vista, as it can then be run on XP with no problems - for those that want to upgrade to Vista can then buy a different, more advanced and system dependent version of FSX. Just a thought 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

I would asume that both (32bit & 64bit) version will be released at the same time(or there abouts). The reason I say this is that there is a 64-bit version of windows that has been around for quite a while. This may not be able to run with the sliders fully maxed because you will need a graphics card that can run DirectX 10.

Take a look at these Nvidia cards that can handle DirectX 10 or there abouts Nvidia 7900 Series

ATI X1900 Series

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I think this says it all:

"The good news is that there are even more FS2004 payware and freeware add-ons coming your way from the developer world. Apparently no one in the developer community is holding their breath awaiting FSX and our advice to our FlightSim.Com members is to not hold yours either. Enjoy FS2004 for as long as you want and wait patiently while Microsoft gets the kinks worked out of Windows Vista and FSX."

It gives us all plenty of time to breathe and settle down our heartbeats.

cheechm Guest

Liono sounds right but what radarman says might happen - anything is possible but . . . Don't know 'bout you but what would you rather both at the same time or at two different times. Me personally would like them out at the same time so that I am not tempted to spend the money I am saving on the 32 bit version when if I withstand just a bit I can get 64 bit.

Well, for everyone that really wants to own Windows Vista--- It's already out.
For free, but it's beta.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...