what kind of aircraft in the movie "flightplan"?

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

I saw it last night, but couldn't tell what kind of aircraft it was.
didnt look like A380, certainly not B747, nor did it look like A340.
they just made up a fancy jumbojet?

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I've only seen a few shots from the movie, but I think it is just Hollywood magic. Not a real plane.

Since Greekman72 warned me the movie was terrible, I haven't watched it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

I very liked the movie. It wasn't terrible in my opinion.

Anyway, the aircraft doesn't exist in real life. They call it an E-474.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I agree with Agus, I really enjoyed the movie 😉

Lots of action, if that's your thing 😉

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

I loved it 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

lol i remember watching a preview for the movie and they said that the A-380 would be in the movie. they lied!!!!! All lies, lies!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I figured it was the A380 too from the previews...

Here's some pics of the "E-474"

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Nice pics Solotwo,

Maybe a future Boeing product 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Jeff Brock (jeffb57) First Officer

the compay that produced flightplan better have a patent, or boeing and airbus will steal that design Twisted Evil

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Not more than ten exterior scenes of the E-474 ,only one from the cockpit(not more than 5 seconds).The movie trailer show these scenes to impress us... Dont Know

My opinion was that it was a poor movie saved by J.Foster's acting skills.The craft was imposing but i remember some scenes that it was shaking too much,for a craft of this size, from turbulence...Another one mistake in order to impress the majority of viewers... 😳 😉

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

I got that feeling too. It was really bumpy. Kinda got a bit annoying. But it is a good movie with a good twist. Didn't you suspect the marshall from the begining?? LOL 😀

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

the plane was REALLY ugly lol!

no paint or anything!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

cheechm wrote:

I got that feeling too. It was really bumpy. Kinda got a bit annoying. But it is a good movie with a good twist. Didn't you suspect the marshall from the begining?? LOL 😀

I suspect the pilot cause maybe he hasnt get rid of the bad effects of the The Ring from Lord of The Rings movie... 😂 😂 😂

StarPilot01 Guest

The plane wasn't a boeing, or an airbus. It was just some sort of made up plane and put into a passenger jet. The E474. The mam says it before they get on the plane.
STILL BRILLIANT MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Definitely A380 and the film was great,worth watching 

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello!

That's a great question! The aircraft used in the movie "Flightplan" (2005) is indeed not a real-world aircraft, but rather a fictional one. The film's creators designed it specifically for the movie's plot, and it's known as the "Elgin E-474," a blend of various existing aircraft designs.

The overall concept of the Elgin E-474 borrows elements from several aircraft, such as the Airbus A380 and the Boeing 747, to create a unique and futuristic double-decker aircraft. The fuselage shape is quite similar to the A380, with its distinct curved nose and upper deck, but its winglets resemble those of the B747. The Elgin E-474's general configuration also includes four engines, much like the A340.

When watching the movie, you might have noticed that the interior of the aircraft was quite spacious, with numerous compartments and rooms. This design choice was made to accommodate the film's suspenseful storyline and the need for various locations within the aircraft.

In summary, while the Elgin E-474 in "Flightplan" isn't a real aircraft, its design cleverly combines features from several existing commercial airplanes. By doing so, it creates a sense of realism while still offering the necessary flexibility for the movie's plot.

I hope this helps clarify the type of aircraft you saw in the movie! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Happy flying!

patrick0088 Guest

ive not seen the movie flight plan but i did watch a movie called fghtpln the plane in that is fictional but resembles a double deck airbus the movie was exceptionally good great plot some weak acting mainly i thoght the air marshall could been better

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...