prop plane autopilot?

i notice that the baron 58 has an autopilot master switch but i dont see any controls for the autopilot anywhere on the panel? how to i set altitude... heading etc? i read the notes in game, didnt mention anything...

thnks

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Never flown that plane, but I would take a look at the radio stack for altitude controls, and probably look for a heading bug on the heading indicator that you can use to set this. That's certainly how it works on the C172.

ohhh yeah i see them at the bottom of the radio stack! duh! hehe thanks matey

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

You could use keyboard commands. Z to activate autopilot.
If you want you could add switches if you cannot find them.
Cockpit commander will aid adding most inputs.
http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=cockpit+commander&CatID=fs2004gau&Go=Search

Be a little more specific and the forum member can help locate controls by reviewing same aircraft.

i'll check the link out thnaks 😀

also, i did mention that i was flying a baron 58 😉

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

ohhh yeah i see them at the bottom of the radio stack! duh! hehe thanks matey

OK, finally did the sensible thing and actually looked at the aircraft. Alt and VS are set on the radio stack - right at the bottom, as you noticed. To set heading, adjust the heading bug using the small dial to the bottom right of the heading indicator. It's marked with a little orange symbol.

Have fun! 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...