Phoenix Metro Scenery (payware)

Pro Member Trainee
Gromit Trainee

I purchased Simulating Art's Phoenix Metropolitan Area Scenery a few nights ago after liking what I saw in the screenshots.

After having purchased it through Flight1 for $20, I was dismayed to find that the Bank One Ballpark/Chase Field's physical orientation had been rotated 180 degrees from it's proper place.

I contacted the developer and was told that no changes had been made, and that it was in the same position that Microsoft had placed it. Obviously, this is false. An oversight such as this is frankly inexcusable in a payware product, and I simply cannot recommend this add-on until this glaring error is fixed.

Kind of makes me wonder what other inaccuracies are left to be found in it... 😕

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Holy crap!!! The baseball field is rotated 180 DEGREES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WORST PRODUCT EVER!!!!!!!

Pro Member Trainee
Gromit Trainee

Solotwo wrote:

Holy crap!!! The baseball field is rotated 180 DEGREES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WORST PRODUCT EVER!!!!!!!

Nice sarcasm. 🙄

Come back when you can bring something constructive to the discussion.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

How much did you pay for it?

Pro Member Trainee
Gromit Trainee

Gromit wrote:

After having purchased it through Flight1 for $20...

Did you even bother to read the original post?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Yes, but apparently I suffer from short term memory loss.

After checking out there site it certainly seems sub par too me, but I think almost all scenery isn't worth the money. Just from the 4 screenshots they have I wouldn't purchase it, but simply saying that the product is crap because a stadium is backwards is a little crazy.

This shows whats wrong with our lawsuit happy society of today.

But I'm just not one to complain about the little things in life.

Pro Member Trainee
Gromit Trainee

I don't remember mentioning anything about litigious action. 🙄

Anyway, the product has been returned for a refund. I want to support the individual developers out there, but I expect a bit more than just a semi-accurate representation of what I would find in RL.

Have a good day.

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

BOB in the default scenery...is it backwards? I never paid much attention...

P.S. I just got out of Lakenhell...30 months was too many for me...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

it doesnt seem like its something to get worked up about its an honest mistake

Pro Member Trainee
Gromit Trainee

NoWorries wrote:

BOB in the default scenery...is it backwards? I never paid much attention...

P.S. I just got out of Lakenhell...30 months was too many for me...

No, Microsoft has it right, and the developer actually went down to the ballpark to verify. He realized he was in error.

I've got 47 days left here. This was the absiolute worst assignment in 15 years. I hope to never see this place again.

Pro Member Trainee
Gromit Trainee

JarJarBinks wrote:

it doesnt seem like its something to get worked up about its an honest mistake

For $20, it's worth getting "worked up" over. If it's payware, make it right.

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

I bought version1 and version 2 of the scenery. Version 1 was nice looking, and version 2 has far more additional scenery.

Both look nice
Version 2 however is a dissapointment.
It is HUGE, and includes a lot of mountain rplacement, which in actuallity does not look very good. That additional scenery is also slow to load due to its sheer size.
Personally for me, I would really have liked to addon to have been additioanl buildings, and airport scenery with additonal items like golf courses and other ground scenes that a VFR flight would use. All the additional scenery of mountains and such really added nothing. The version 2 scenery extends to the east of Phoenix to Roosevelt lake area--all of this additional scenery is mostly mountain rebuilds, and is NOT good.

I hate to knock this add on, and it does add to VFR flying around the PHX area very well, some things aint right, but I would definatly recconed version 1, but think twice about version 2.

Capt. Dennison

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

try this when it comes out if your still looking for scenery of phoenix

http://www.megascenery.com/megacityphx.htm

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...