Flyaway Flying Club

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

The Flyaway Flying Club

Want some relaxed flying? Have a rest from the scheduled heavy flights? Want to 'fly by the seat of your pants'? Want to wander over yonder and see the western or even eastern or northern or southern skies? ( Apologies to Roy Rogers or whoever).

Now is your chance and you will be able to have dialogue with your fellow Members on your experiences

Free personalised repainted Spartan Executive available.
Free membership of the Flyaway Flying Club
Conditions of Membership. You must have or download the file 'spartan.zip' from Avsim and installed in FS9 (It is a self installer). Have an email address for advise of downloading new textures from a file host. Membership is only open to Flyaway Simulation site Members.

You will receive your aircraft textures with the following details -

If you want to join the FLYAWAY FLYING CLUB -
Copy/paste the following Membership Form to your post and complete the details. Note - Membership Number will be allocated on first come, first served basis. You can if you wish submit the application form by PM - just carry out the Copy/paste process to the PM

Membership Application
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Name you wish on the a/c :-

2. Country :-

3. Tail Number :-

4. Email Address :- (If you type 'AT' instead of @ - you will fool the spam trawlers)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not include any other information/comments in this post
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The finished article will look similar to these -

Answers 95 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Membership Application
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Name you wish on the a/c :- Liono

2. Country :- United Kingdom

3. Tail Number :- NCC17015

4. Email Address :-pay8215 at gmail dot com

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

1. Name you wish on the a/c :- pilotwannabe

3. Tail Number :- G-RYPW

4. Email Address :- yatsea1990 at hotmail dot com

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Membership Application
1. Name you wish on the a/c :- 99jolegg

3. Tail Number :- G-SJML

4. Email Address :- jonathan263 at hotmail dot com

Thank you 🍻

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Now this seems like a great idea, I'm all for it!

Membership Application
1. Name you wish on the a/c :- KT-Flies

2. Country :- UK.

3. Tail Number :- 107-KLY

4. Email Address :- microbusatonetel.com

Thanks for the invite.

Cheers.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

1. Name you wish on the a/c :- Greekman72

2. Country :- Hellas

3. Tail Number :- DB-1972

4. Email Address :- greekman72 at yahoo dot gr

You are full of surpises my friend 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Membership Application
1. Name you wish on the a/c :- Faucett's Best

2. Country :- USA

3. Tail Number :- NC422

4. Email Address :- ace21 at centurytel.net

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

Membership Application
1. Name you wish on the a/c :-Robbier

2. Country :-USA

3. Tail Number :-N334RY

4. Email Address :-robby2000@comcast.net

Pro Member Captain

Hi all - thanks for the interest - have sent the first paint to Liono - and will await confirmation of the system working before doing any more ..... and anyway it is away past my bedtime - Goodnight to all

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Liono you stole my tail number!

1. Name you wish on the a/c :- RadarManAir

2. Country :- U.S.A.

3. Tail Number :- NCC1701D

4. Email Address :- You have it.

Dave, without a doubt you are the nicest person I have ever encountered in my many years.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

Membership Application
1. Name you wish on the a/c :- PilotGuy44

2. Country :- United States

3. Tail Number :- N88PG44

4. Email Address :- globalstar_ceo at yahoo dot com

Great idea here davec! 👍 😎 😀

Pro Member Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Dave, without a doubt you are the nicest person I have ever encountered in my many years.

Radar

You haven't met many people then??? To tell the truth I'm so old that I have neither the energy nor the inclination to be bad 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Hey Davec,

Thanks for the repaint 😉

One problem though....my PC decided to shut down as the download started and now all I get when I click the link to download the file is a blank screen. Do I only get one oppotunity to retreive the file??

Thanks 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Thanks for the repaint DaveC.

I haven't downloaded yet as I'm at work. But the first thing I'll when I get in is try it out.

RadarMan.

Sorry I stole the tail number. If I knew you where a star trek fan, I would have choosen something else. But as it was first come first serve Ha Ha

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

davec wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

You haven't met many people then??? To tell the truth I'm so old that I have neither the energy nor the inclination to be bad 😉

I bet that if you had the chance to birth again you will become nicest..So no matter of age dear Dave.
RadarMan just envy you.... 😁

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Liono wrote:

RadarMan.

Sorry I stole the tail number. If I knew you where a star trek fan, I would have choosen something else. But as it was first come first serve Ha Ha

😂 Your not really sorry HA!
I don't blame you. I just chose a different model year. Engage!

Radar

Age is a state of mind, and there is snow on the roof but a fire in the furnace!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Age is a state of mind, and there is snow on the roof but a fire in the furnace!

Definitely... 👍 👍 👍 🙂) 👍 👍 👍 Punk

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Membership Application
1. Name you wish on the a/c : Trolly

2. Country : New Zealand

3. Tail Number : ZK-ASU

4. Email Address : cheekytrolly AT hotmail dot com

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Hmm I had an idea like this a while back and nobody took any notice... 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

You dont know Steve...Maybe your idea has been noticed but just dont pointed...No need to be sad for it 😀 😉

Pro Member Trainee
Ben (eagle3) Trainee

Membership Application
1.EagleAir

2.USA

3. LN377WH

4.ben2klein at yahoo.com

Pro Member Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

Hey Davec,

Thanks for the repaint 😉

One problem though....my PC decided to shut down as the download started and now all I get when I click the link to download the file is a blank screen. Do I only get one oppotunity to retreive the file??
nks 😉

Sorry for the late response - will upload the file again.
Cheers
Davec

Pro Member Captain

SteveT wrote:

Hmm I had an idea like this a while back and nobody took any notice... 😞

Sorry if I have stolen your idea - can't recall seeing a previous post suggesting a Flying Club - might have been a telepathic implant 🙄
I am not in the habit of stealing other peoples' ideas without giving due credit.

If I had known, I would have stamped all the Flying Club Spartans with - "From an idea of Steve T" 😉

Last edited by Dave Copeland (davec) on Sat May 27, 2006 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain

davec wrote:

Sorry for the late response - will upload the file again.
Cheers
Davec

No probs Davec.....have now successfully downloaded the file. Thanks again 😉

🍻

Pro Member Trainee
HelpsJ Trainee

1. Name you wish on the a/c :- helpsj

3. Tail Number :- G-DBBG

4. Email Address :- jonathan at helps dot co dot uk

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

Um.. I think I missed something. Where can we download our Spartan from?

...I might have accidentally deleted the email Embarassed Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain
Pro Member Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

😉

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=80424&CatID=fs2004misc&Cookie=1

Very useful link - if I ever got time to fly the thing, I'd certainly read all the gen 😉

Have another idea in the pipeline - for the heavy metal lovers.

Cheers my friend.

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

Wheres the airplane download i really want to join Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain

Reading the first page written by DaveC would be a good start.

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

What Should I Search For In The File Library Read Read Read

I Haved Looked What He Said

Pro Member Chief Captain

It's fairly self-explanatory.

Membership Application
1. Name you wish on the a/c :-

3. Tail Number :-

4. Email Address :- (If you type 'AT' instead of @ - you will fool the spam trawlers)

Fill that form in and wait for an email from DaveC.

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

Membership Application
1. Name you wish on the a/c :- OAKLEY26

3. Tail Number :- FT175LO

4. Email Address :-BAD_Kittykatt@hotmail.com

Last edited by oakley26 on Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

Ok Thankz 😉

But About that you need The Sparten Plane Ive Tried Looking For it 🤔 🤔 And i dont know anything else to say about it But Thankz for helping me out on things Your COOL Punk Punk Punk

Pro Member Chief Captain

The base model that you need is spartan.zip

....available from www.avsim.com 😉

Pro Member Captain

oakley26 wrote:

Membership Application
1. Name you wish on the a/c :- OAKLEY26

Would you care to read the instructions again and follow them explicitly - it would appear that you are the first to have problems with it - I have neither the time or the inclination to query applications - it distracts me from repainting.
🍻
DaveC

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

I Know It Is At avsim.com ROFL its just where you find it on there Hack

DaveC I did look over every single word Read All i want is Fun Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

Membership Application
1. Name you wish on the a/c :- Oakley26

Is That Ok Now

Pro Member Chief Captain

If you still haven't found the Spartan from Avsim then this is the direct link:

http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=ftp&DLID=80142

Save it to My Documents when the box appears and then install it into FS9 - DaveC will get around to your repaint when he has the time.

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

Thanks a lot Mate

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

Oh My God Now I cant Move it to My documents Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain

Where did you save it then?

Pro Member Captain

oakley26 wrote:

Oh My God Now I cant Move it to My documents Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Yes, I can see that you read the instructions thoroughly - one of the the conditions is that you must have the a/c installed on your system and you don't meet that condition.

Will you let me know when you have the Spartan installed on your system and then I will do the repaint, otherwise it would be a waste of repainting time which may be fun to you but it is very frustrating for me.
I realise that you are just learning about FS9 and I would like to help more but I am sure that 99JoLegg and others will advise you - I just don't have the time.

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

What i mean is it doesnt show what you want to do with it like save it or open it it just shows me a window of all the stuff there is and what happend is that happend opened up my documents and tried to cut and paste it but i couldent so thats the prob Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad NOT HAPPY

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

Im Not Giving Up Yet Hack

Pro Member Chief Captain

Do you have an account over at www.avsim.com ?

If you don't then go to this link:

http://library.avsim.net/login.php?Location=%2Fsendfile.php%3FLocation%3DAVSIM%26Proto%3Dftp%26DLID%3D80142

...and click the first of the three links just above the boxes to type your username and password - named "If you don't have an account, please click here to register". You can then register and follow the instructions it gives you.

If you do have an account at www.avsim.com then go to this link:

...where a box will appear asking if you want to Open, Save or Cancel. Click Save. Then you will need to choose a place to put the file once it has been downloaded. Click the arrow at the top left hand corner and a box will drop down - choose Desktop and the file will appear on your Desktop.

Extract the file there and copy and paste the Spartan aircarft file into your FS9 aircraft folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft) and copy and paste the gauges files from your downloaded Spartan to your FS9 Gauges folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Gauges) and then open your FS9 sim and see if the Spartan is in your aircraft folder.

Once you have done ALL of that (read it all carefully first, and the conditions written by DaveC in his first post) then come back and you'll have your repaint done.

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh It IS NOT WORKING LIKE I SAID EARLIER Help! Help! Help! Help!

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

I will try restarting my PC

Pro Member Chief Captain

What part isn't working?

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

Dont Know Dont know

Pro Member Chief Captain

I'll explain again. The steps are numbered. Go through each step as I have written and then tell me which step it is you are getting stuck at.

1) Go to this link:

http://library.avsim.net/login.php?Location=%2Fsendfile.php%3FLocation%3DAVSIM%26Proto%3Dftp%26DLID%3D80142

...and click the first of the three links just above the boxes to type your username and password - named "If you don't have an account, please click here to register". You can then register and follow the instructions it gives you.

2) Once you have an account and have signed in go here:

...where a box will appear asking if you want to Open, Save or Cancel. Click Save. Then you will need to choose a place to put the file once it has been downloaded. Click the arrow at the top left hand corner and a box will drop down - choose Desktop and the file will appear on your Desktop.

3) Extract the file there and copy and paste the Spartan aircarft file into your FS9 aircraft folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft) and copy and paste the gauges files from your downloaded Spartan to your FS9 Gauges folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Gauges) and then open your FS9 sim and see if the Spartan is in your aircraft folder.

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

you said that when you start downloading it will say save or open well my PC , when i start downloading somthing it doesnt say save or open It automaticly opens it . its ok on this site when downloading things onwww.avsim.com or www.simaviaton.com it Opens the thing that you download automaticly.

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

Im Only Saying This ONE MORE TIME Banned

you said that when you start downloading it will say save or open well my PC , when i start downloading somthing it doesnt say save or open It automaticly opens it . its ok on this site when downloading things onwww.avsim.com or www.simviaton.com it Opens the thing that you download automaticly.

Pro Member Chief Captain

First things first, drop the sarcasm.

Secondly, you'd get an accurate response if you explained yourself fully the first time. When you say "it automatically opens it" what do you mean? It already has the files for the Spartan there? In which case, what is the problem if you have the files on front of you?

Do you get this screen...

...when you click on the Spartan link? (Click on it)

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

I am A Registered Person and when im looking for files i dont get that pic

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ok I don't know whats going on then if you are registered and the files are opening in front of you.

I'll try uploading it somewhere else for you.

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

OH HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS:

I start downloading, theres no save or open button what it does The computer opens the file downloaded and i have to open my computer and put the file where i want it to go but the prob with moving the sparten into the aircraft folder it wont let me cut or copy it to the aircraft folder.
THATS WHAT THE PROBLEM ISSS Angry

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

Im Going to look for other sites that have a freeware Sparten

Pro Member Chief Captain

oakley26 wrote:

I start downloading, theres no save or open button what it does The computer opens the file downloaded and i have to open my computer and put the file where i want it to go but the prob with moving the sparten into the aircraft folder it wont let me cut or copy it to the aircraft folder.

Stop behaving like a spoilt 2 year old. I don't know what the problem is because your explanations are vague and I don't know how to solve your problem if I don't know the problem - so I've uploaded it to Yousendit.

Download it from here:

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee
Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

Cool I got 2 ROFL thankz mate thats sorted it out

Pro Member Captain

oakley26 wrote:

I have been busy repainting a/c for other better mannered people but should have come back earlier to inform you that the Spartan at Mike Stones site, although excellent is not compatible with the texture files I make for the Original Avsim Executive Spartan. Mike Stone's file is 377 Kb while the original is 16+Mb. So I repeat - until you meet the condition of downloading the proper a/c then I cannot entertain your application for a repaint - sorry but these are the rules.
I can only apologise and say thank you to 99jolegg for all his trouble.

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

I was getting really exited this morning and now its just turned into a whole heap of wasted time i am really upset Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain

Try reading the replies your given.

Download it from here:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=22E52FC5550F99BD

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

Umm... Ive got the plane already ❓

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

And it was definitly the right plane 🙄

Last edited by oakley26 on Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain

Wall Bashing Wall Bashing

You've got the WRONG plane as DaveC said ❗ ❗

Jon's link is the RIGHT plane 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Did you download it from the link I gave earlier and not the one you found, and installed it?

If so, then DaveC will get around to your repaint shortly when he has time 😉

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

I installed Both Embarassed

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

I should delete the one i found because its probely not the right plane

Last edited by oakley26 on Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain

oakley26 wrote:

I should delete th one i found because its probly not the right plane

Have you checked that it is actually in the sim?

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

Yes ive earlier on flown the plane you gave me from the link you gave me 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

Good.

Now go to this link and answer DaveC's question about half way down:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/15833/newrepaints-for-heavy-brigade/

😉

Pro Member Trainee
oakley26 Trainee

Ok ive done that

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor (Flyboy92) First Officer

Membership Application
1. Name you wish on the a/c :- Flyboy92

2. Country :- usa

3. Tail Number :- T71892

4. Email Address :- Flyboy92_tlo718 at yahoo dot com

Flyboy92

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

Membership Application
1. Name you wish on the a/c :- MrCheech

2. Country :- UK

3. Tail Number :- G2093

4. Email Address :- mrcheech at hotmail dot com

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

1. Name you wish on the a/c :- Comrade Lenin

2. Country :- Soviet Union- hammer and sickle 🙂

3. Tail Number :- IJ209

4. Email Address :- hokum50 at hotmail dot co dot uk

Pro Member Captain

lenin wrote:

1. Name you wish on the a/c :- Comrade Lenin

2. Country :- Soviet Union- hammer and sickle 🙂

3. Tail Number :- IJ209

4. Email Address :- hokum50 at hotmail dot co dot uk

Sorry no can do.

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

why?

Pro Member Captain

lenin wrote:

why?

Simply put - I don't want to.

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

ok, at risk of starting another political war could i change it to a union flag:

and my name to simply lenin
does that make it better?

Pro Member Captain

lenin wrote:

ok, at risk of starting another political war could i change it to a union flag:

and my name to simply lenin
does that make it better?

You are at liberty to start as many political wars as you want - it's a free country - but the Flyaway forums are not the place and is even against the rules.
The flag I paint on the a/c is entirely the choice of the requester and as far as I am concerned has no political association whatsoever - it merely indicates (mostly), the country where the pilot originates. You seem to think that there is a political inference in the flag and this may be one of the reasons why your request for a repaint is declined, apart from the fact that as a repainter I always have the prerogative to decline a request - as I have done in the past and will no doubt, do in the future.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Membership Application
1. Name you wish on the a/c :- Hms

3. Tail Number :- S388

4. Email Address :- ahaberich at yahoo dot com

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

lol, nice one hms
and dave, i merely am loking for a reason. i am not having a go or anything i would just like to know why? do you not like me?

Pro Member Captain

lenin wrote:

lol, nice one hms
and dave, i merely am loking for a reason. i am not having a go or anything i would just like to know why? do you not like me?

I do not have the knowledge or skill to judge you as a person but your 'forum personna' would appear to be attracted to the controversial which I do not want to get involved in and therefore will not do the repaint.

Pro Member Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

Membership Application

Can't really see the point you are trying to a make.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Both of you, DaveC is nice enough to offer free paints to us and I if there is one or more that he doesn't wish to do that's entirely his prerogative.
In conclusion...get off his back!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Both of you, DaveC is nice enough to offer free paints to us and I if there is one or more that he doesn't wish to do that's entirely his prerogative.
In conclusion...get off his back!

Radar

Funny - I was just starting a post along the same lines.

Pro Member Chief Captain

davec wrote:

hms_endeavour wrote:

Membership Application

Davec, I'm not trying to make a point. I'd just like a membership application. Thiss is serious, It's just that I keepmoving everz year or so so that i though instead of one flag why not do the whole world? I'm not trying to make a point or anything, this is just my application. Serious.

Pro Member Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

Membership Application
[quote= "davec"]

hms_endeavour wrote:

Davec, I'm not trying to make a point. I'd just like a membership application. Thiss is serious, It's just that I keepmoving everz year or so so that i though instead of one flag why not do the whole world? I'm not trying to make a point or anything, this is just my application. Serious.

As a well known US tennis player/champion would say "You can't be serious" - I doubt if I could get all the world's flags on an A380 😂 I don't even mind changing it every time you move house!!
.. but tell you what I could do - use a represention of a global traveller in lieu of the flag - would this suit you? I'll let you see a pic of it for your perusal when I devise it.

Pro Member Chief Captain

ok, well than just make it USA 😀
I have a fixed place over here.

Pro Member Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

ok, well than just make it USA 😀
I have a fixed place over here.

How would this do? (at least till you have your next move 😂 ) -

Pro Member Chief Captain

Beutiful!!! It's Perfect! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 Group Wave 👏 👍

Pro Member Captain

OK - will advise you about download link when I get it uploaded to hosting server - glad you like it.

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

I think there should be a screenshot competition on the "davec" re-painted Spartans. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Alec Stelloh (Thunderbirdman2) First Officer

yea thats a good idea

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...