Any one fly in concorde

Pro Member Trainee
HelpsJ Trainee

Did any of you ever fly in concorde ❓ My grandad helped in the design of the fuselage, never got to fly in it though

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Jeff Brock (jeffb57) First Officer

my mom one won tickets to ride in it. wish i were alive in 1979.....

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

my dad did once.

Pro Member First Officer
Jamie Robson (Jamier) First Officer

unfortunatly no i didnt i did want to thought!

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

I would love to ride one of those! 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I never got the chance to fly on the Concorde, I could not afford it. I believe that a one way ticket was 5-6 thousand USD. I saw it at a airshow some years back at KACT, it was on static display. On the last day of the airshow, the Concorde took off and everyone stopped and watched. I saw it land at KDTW years later. I figured that they were doing a airshow in the area and stopped to refuel before heading out. It only seated about 100 and never made money for the airlines even with the high ticket prices. I would have loved to fly on one. 🙂

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concorde

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

yeh it was purely a matter of pride operating it, i don't blame them - but trying to maintain and fuel a 40year old aircraft just isn't going to happen 😞 we're just a few years away from dassault's supersonic jet, so hopefully there will be a new prestigious supersonic airliner within 20 years 😀

Pro Member Captain

hinch wrote:

yeh it was purely a matter of pride operating it, i don't blame them - but trying to maintain and fuel a 40year old aircraft just isn't going to happen 😞 we're just a few years away from dassault's supersonic jet, so hopefully there will be a new prestigious supersonic airliner within 20 years 😀

Agree, hope that one will change the way flying around the planet.

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

Ive never flown in one but i wish.......I have been inside one though its standing as a display in a airplane museum un Germany.

Pro Member Captain

spitfiresrule wrote:

Ive never flown in one but i wish.......I have been inside one though its standing as a display in a airplane museum un Germany.

I was reading something about that airplane in Berlin, i was intersting beacuse it says that the plane was moved by truck, so the German goverment had to erase all obstacles to transpor it from the airport hangar to the museum, and that they spend one millon dollars to do that. 😳

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...