Boeing 747 [need help ASAP]

I have a problem with the Boeing 744 on FS9. Every time I takeoff, and try to get to the air, it hesitates to raise the nose and usually runs past the end of the runway. I am using runways 10,000 feet and longer. Also, if it does raise the nose in time, it ends up stalling because the nose was raised to high. I do takeoff at the correct speed, I want to fly with it, and I already tried to reinstall FS9. Can somebody help me? Help!

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Make sure your fuel levels are not full and use a bit of elevator trim which will aid a smooth take off. Also when you take off, make sure you don't increase the nose up attitude to above 10 degrees or you risk a tail strike.

The critical aspect is to make sure you don't have too much fuel because you will be too heavy to climb from a runway 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Also make sure you have flaps set at 20 degrees. This will give you greater lift at lower speeds. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Just to verify that you are rotating at the proper speed, the Vr-rotation speed for the Boeing 747 with flaps 20 (FS9) is about 171 KIAS. You have to apply back pressure to the controls, won't rotate itself.

If you rotate and can't control the pitch it sounds like you're flying with the keyboard. If don't have a joystick, and are able, get one. 🙂

Even with full fuel you should have no problem getting airborne in the default 747. Are all 4 engines running? Check your speed before rotating. Do you know the V1 VR and V2 speeds for your aircraft? If you can't accelerate to the V speeds, then something else is wrong. Again, the default 747 fully loaded with fuel will take awhile getting up to speed, but, it should do it with room to spare on a 10000 ft runway. Do you have the speed brakes on? To much flaps will also kill your speed. I routinely fly long haul routes Denver CO to Sydney Australia, and only use 5% flaps for takeoff (lots of fuel on board approx. 220000lbs.).

CRJCapt wrote:

Just to verify that you are rotating at the proper speed, the Vr-rotation speed for the Boeing 747 with flaps 20 (FS9) is about 171 KIAS. You have to apply back pressure to the controls, won't rotate itself.

If you rotate and can't control the pitch it sounds like you're flying with the keyboard. If don't have a joystick, and are able, get one. 🙂

I do use a keyboard but I don't want to go through trouble finding a good joystick. Also, I try to keep it below the 10. It just gets out of control. And I always check to see that the flaps and all are okay for takeoff, 20 degrees would probably be too much flaps. One more thing: I have had FS2004 for a long time and I know the V1 VR and V2 of all jets and most propeller.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

All of the above plus make sure the autopilot is off.
Check your trim

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I do use a keyboard but I don't want to go through trouble finding a good joystick. Also, I try to keep it below the 10. It just gets out of control. And I always check to see that the flaps and all are okay for takeoff, 20 degrees would probably be too much flaps. One more thing: I have had FS2004 for a long time and I know the V1 VR and V2 of all jets and most propeller.

If you read the documentation in the learning center you will see that 20 degrees is not too much flaps. You seem to know a lot so you don't need my help. But let's see, you can't get the Boeing 747 into the air properly. Maybe your long experience with flight simulator doesn't help much. By the way, I was not being smart with you(previous post), I was just stating some basic facts. We once went two pages of posts with a person just to find out the reason his aircraft had problems taking off was because he had the wind at over 30 knots, 90 degrees from runway heading. Good luck with the keyboard.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...