greg737 autoland fix

mackem Guest

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
mackemGuest Guest

I'll try that again...

I haven't played FS2004 for ages, so after installing it I went to download my 737 panel to have a fly in a Boeing and while googling for it, I noticed a few people saying the Autoland is rubbish.

When I first made the panel, the autoland worked great but I remember just before I uploaded it to a flight sim website I changed it to a different autoland gauge.

Just copy that Ala_med.gau file into C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Gauges overwriting the old one.

You'll know you have this autoland gauge because when you click autoland it will turn into a white dot.

I've just fired up FS2004 and set up an approach to Heathrow, dialed in the ILS frequency, clicked Autoland button and it was a perfect landing so give it a try and see if that fixes it. 😉

mackemGuest Guest

For anyone who hasn't a clue what I'm on about, or anyone who struggles to land a 737 it was for this panel for a 737 which had an autoland button

If you use the panel just copy that gauge file over into the gauges folder.

I'm going to test it at a different airport and see if it was just a one off. 😉

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Hi,

Thanks for that. I just tried it out. I flew just a real short flight from EGGP to EGCC. All seemed to go ok but the AP disengaged just before touchdown and I ended up floating back into the air.

Doyley wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for that. I just tried it out. I flew just a real short flight from EGGP to EGCC. All seemed to go ok but the AP disengaged just before touchdown and I ended up floating back into the air.

I've just tested it at EGCC. I started on runway 6L. Slewed back 20 mile and about 5000 feet. Dialed in the ILS, clicked autoland and it landed textbook.

It's a puzzler.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...