autoland

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

The instuctions for using autoland in fs9 say turn of a/p at about 500ft and flying the rest of the approach your self (I never do I dont see the point) do you have to do this in real life?If not is there some sort of d/load I can get so the a/p will fly the app,flare and land itself

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Youve been lucky 😳
In real life pilots will disconnect the A/P a couple of miles out and fly the aircraft in.Autoland has been about for years(I think the Trident aircraft was the 1st pax to have it,but I dont think it was passed by the authorities,and that may still be the case now)

For a full autoland try searching Avsim for Greg737 in panels

This panel has a full autoland feature which will control everything

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

When ever I auto land, I auto land just short of the fence. Anyway, I figure if your going to rely on autoland, you should buy a ticket and just ride in back.

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

I like doing manual landings its a lot more fun then letting a/p do all the flying I like to test my skills.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...