ILS not working

Pro Member Trainee
xenomorth Trainee

Hi
I cant get my ILS approach to work properly. I have got the radios an everything set up properly. but my aircraft always land well before the runway. Embarassed

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

Oh no, premature anything is bad Fear

Are you using AP to land?
Personally, I always land in manual mode, and never touch down until after the inner marker. Of course i have landed next to a few fogged in runnways Oops!

Pro Member First Officer
Arkydave First Officer

jelami wrote:

Of course i have landed next to a few fogged in runnways

That's why they invented Decision Height, Jelami 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

If you're using autopilot, make sure your monitoring your throttle too, if you loose too much speed, you're gonna land way short because the aircraft cant stay on the glide slope.

If that still dont help, i dunno what to tell you. Are you using a Jet, if so, try autothrottle as well, and make sure the NAV/GPS button is clicked to NAV.

Pro Member First Officer
coolsan First Officer

When I first started out with ils I had the same "short of the runway" problem and it was due to low approach speed, as someone already said.
If you´re flying jets set the autothrottle to 160kts; altough the best is to touchdown a little slower you'll land ok. Just don't come in too hard.
A couple of seconds before touchdown set autothrottle off and you'll have a smoother landing. Remember to turn off autothrottle otherwise you won't be able to engage the thrust reversers.

Let us know how you do...

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

I always hand fly ILS approaches. I have on occaision let the autopilot land without any trouble. If you leave the flight director on, the autopilot will automaticly deploy thrust reverse upon landing------it will also come out of reverse at about 60kts and throttle down. Try it, you'll like it.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...