Always Overspeed in the Boeing 737, 747 and 777!

11426 Guest

How come about 2 minutes after taking off in one of the Boeings, I seem to be always in Overspeed, even when im above the clouds
😕

I try lowing speed and still its Overspeed

please help, thanks.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I suggest you go through some of the learning centre articles within FS9. Depending on the aircraft, you will need to reduce thrust to around 70% to stop overspeeding. If you are going too fast, then reduce your thrust to keep your speed below 250kts. You can also use AP 😉

99jolegg wrote:

I suggest you go through some of the learning centre articles within FS9. Depending on the aircraft, you will need to reduce thrust to around 70% to stop overspeeding. If you are going too fast, then reduce your thrust to keep your speed below 250kts. You can also use AP 😉

lol ok thanks 😂

rhettjarrett Guest

I'm with you. I'm getting overspeed on lots of planes even when I'm 100+ knots under the listed cruising speed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

what altitude are you at?

dvorak Guest

Many beginners dont realise that there are many differents types of speeds

Miles per hour, airspeed, and ground speed

I'm not going to explain them all hear, that could take a while but I'll show you to links

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airspeed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_speed

Basically, if they say an airplane cruises at 550knots, it doesnt mean indicated, it means ground speed, which will equal to about 330knots, standad weather conditions at FL350

Also miles per hour is not equal to knots by the way

To find out your ground speed look around the HSI area or open your gps, its in the bottom left corner, in the format GS: 510kts

GS being short for Ground Speed

And by the way, when on the ground, taxiing, you use ground speed to tell what speed your going, not airspeed. But when on the ground airspeed is usually the same as ground speed, unless there is a tail wind or headwind when taxiing

When up at FL300+, ground speed is rarely ever the same as airspeed, it usually is a lot more

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...