Slow Graphics

Pro Member Trainee
Bargy Trainee

I curently am using fs 2002 and thinking about up grading to fs 2004, my only quiery is, does fs 2004 slow down your system and have a bad frame rate like MS combat fs 3. 😕

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Emonator Trainee

I've got a Celeron 466Mhz, 598Mb Ram, nVidia Riva TNT2 32Mb Ultra 2 Pro graphics card....and old system now, but I always get 10-15fps in FS2002 Pro.

I recently upgraded to FS2004...and I barely get 3fps, and that's with everything dumbed down. You have to make sure that your network firewall is disabled, antivirus protection disabled and any other ancillary apps turned off...and I still only get 6fps...

I'm now upgrading my PC to Intel P4 2.8Ghz HT 800FSB, 512Mb DDR 400Mhz, Radeon 9600Pro 128Mb system....and I can't wait!!!

All the best.

Emonator

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

Hi Emonator, you will be happy ! I run it on a P4/2.53..533 bus, with 512 Rambus and a Nvidia FX5900 Ultra. The only thing I would recommend is that you get the Nvidia card. With your great new rig, why settle for less because of a inferior Video card? When I uograded my video card, I first tried the Nvidia 5800, then the ATI 9800 and was not happy...took them back and got the 5900 Ultra for only 70 bucks more (buying on-line, no tax, no shipping$$) and Woo-eeee ! What a difference in graphics!! Just my humble opinion! rob

Pro Member First Officer
Martin (Blake14) First Officer

rgrtre

Pro Member First Officer
Martin (Blake14) First Officer

oooops! sorry

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...