Anybody know anything about iPods?

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

My iPod is full...except it's not.

It says, "3mb available", so I deleted about a GIG of stuff, and it still says "3mb available" and it won't let me put stuff on it. I did the reset on the website, and defragged it's harddrive...I even deleted some important software on accident, but fortunately was able to download it on the internet.

Any help?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

when you say defragged you ipod do you mean re-formatted it? also what ipod is it?

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

I had the same problem and i was un unable to make it work again Crying or Very sad ...
Sorry, but re-formating the divice should work, if not check it with scan-disk and see what is going on with it. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

buy something that isn't form over function and claim back your individuality 🙂

Pro Member First Officer

Insight wrote:

You must not have an iPod...this thing is COOL...

I was afraid of the reformat, I know it needs a full reformat...fwiw, it's an iPod mini.

Pro Member First Officer
Jeff Brock (jeffb57) First Officer

Insight wrote:

amen brother 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

NoWorries wrote:

Insight wrote:

You must not have an iPod...this thing is COOL...

I was afraid of the reformat, I know it needs a full reformat...fwiw, it's an iPod mini.

I don't want an iPod - I don't need an iPod and I don't find any of it's features attractive.

Sadly most people don't - they find the concept of it attractive (aka COOL) and as a result it has become more about being a fashion accessory than it has a solution for mobile music playback.

Claim back your individuality - don't jump on the band wagon with every other sheep on the planet and bleat your way into obscurity - go and buy something because you like it. Not because of whether or not your friends will frown upon you for not having fallen into line.

It's like these muppets you see walking about with 3 hairstyles in one... EVERYONE has them and the amusing thing is they look sh*t, most of these people probably would have taken the piss out of anyone with a mullett a few years ago, now they have one too - and a side parting... and spikey hair...

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

</rant>

sorry

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

if you have all your music in tunes you should be fine to reformat it, its easy to do to.

if you need other help check out this website

http://www.ilounge.com/

Pro Member First Officer

While I respect your opinion, I think you've completely missed the point.

The iPod is a music playback device with an ingenious control system, versatile and nearly indestructable software, long-lasting battery, and compact size.

I didn't buy the iPod, I wouldn't pay that price, it was a gift.

There is nothing I have ever owned that has brought me so much joy, entertainment, and fulfillment as this iPod, save for my Bible.

Pro Member First Officer

atreyu wrote:

if you have all your music in tunes you should be fine to reformat it, its easy to do to.

if you need other help check out this website

http://www.ilounge.com/

Thanks for the website...

I'm the dumbest guy I know.

I was deleting the files from the playlists and not the harddrive afterall...I reformatted anyways, I had a lot of junk on there that I never listen to anymore anyways, a clean start is always a good thing.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

NoWorries wrote:

While I respect your opinion, I think you've completely missed the point.

The iPod is a music playback device with an ingenious control system, versatile and nearly indestructable software, long-lasting battery, and compact size.

I didn't buy the iPod, I wouldn't pay that price, it was a gift.

There is nothing I have ever owned that has brought me so much joy, entertainment, and fulfillment as this iPod, save for my Bible.

I don't find the control system particularly ingenious sadly and i despise iTunes and the fact that I now cannot obtain Quicktime without installing the infernal software.

There are smaller models available from elsewhere with just as large a capacity and better battery life (mine lasts 30 hours).

If you like it's function though, then fair play to you.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...