3D Glasses?

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Has anyone got/tried/used/binned/recommended any 3D glasses before?

There seem to be two types, the cheaper "shutter" type which alternate the frames on your monitor, and the more expensive ones with true images for each eye being shown in the headset you wear.

I didn't realise there were so many available now;
http://www.vrealities.com/hmd.html (taken from http://www.vrealities.com/ ) - prices range from "affordable" to upwards of $49,000!

My mate had some of the cheaper "shutter" ones around 6 years ago and he said they did work were pretty pants and could make your eyes tired after long periods. The downside is a flickery image because your refresh rate is effectively halved in order for the two different scenes to be drawn alternately.

Any comments?

Dave

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest

I got a pair that cost $1,300 the hurt my eyes Poke in Eye and lower vision Geek (not intended for people who suffer or may have had motion seizures)

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Thanks for the reply - how'd you mean 'lower vision'? As in height? Amount of light...? "Lower the standards to toilet humour"? 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
vlad (tiger7881) First Officer

my friend bout a normal high performance 3d galsses, and i was trying them alot , nothing happened to my eys, and its so cool.

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

So I posted this nearly 3 years ago, I'm sure there have been improvements in the technology and price drops along with it.

So, has anyone recently bought some 3D glasses? I'm scared to buy some in case they are crap.

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

I've thought about these too, but was never able to get any actual feedback in here. Like you I'd like to get some good facts before considering a purchase. Be cool if they worked near as good as they promised. Let me know if you get a set and how they work for you.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...