Uploaded screenshot Help!

Pro Member Trainee
paflightsimpilot Trainee

Hi Guys!
I would like to share some of my screenshots with you all, but I dont see them. I have uploaded them a few days ago. Is there something I am doing wrong? I see that the PC is uploading the pic, but alas...no pics Crying or Very sad let me know!
Thanks & happy flying!
steve

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Hi,
This post (link below) should help. Besides not having "symbols" in the name, keep the name short.
shota
shotb
shotc
Long names seem to go into the temp file with the one's that have symbols. The software does it automaticaly.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/1413/media-and-image-uploads/

Radar

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Could also be because you are uploading in BMP. We only accept JPEG images. Also, check the following post regarding the points RadarMan mentioned above: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/1098/upload-of-screenshots/

Last edited by Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
paflightsimpilot Trainee

Thanks Guys, I will give it a try and let you know.
Thanks again!

Pro Member Trainee
paflightsimpilot Trainee

Well I was able to uploal as instructed. However, I dont get a small jpg shortcut when you view the pics at the gallery. Mine comes up as a icon labeled as JPG. Did I do something wrong?

Also I uploaded about 3 pics. I only see one. Are these weeded out?

Thanks again!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I saw one of those, I can't access that folder, Flyaway will have to do that.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
paflightsimpilot Trainee

I can access the JPG icon thats whats wierd, it just doesnt show my picture. I tried another one today, we'll see how that one turns out.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sorry, I didn't explain myself clearly (hunger was setting in 😂 ), I can't access the Photo Gallery to post others shots, only Flyaway can do that.
I have to submit shots just like you do and then wait.
I loaded one (a Mig15) yesterday and I'll have a few today.
I was wondering if it could be the screen shot program or the editing program you use that causes that unusual looking "jpg icon", I've never seen that before.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
paflightsimpilot Trainee

Thanks RadarMan!
I hope that you were able to take care of that hunger 😀
What I have been doing is capturing the picture via "print screen" This makes it into a bmp file. I can then change the file to jpg. Should I be using a utility rather than print screen approach?

Thanks!

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Had a look at paflightsimpilot screenshot and it is a very big file - Res of 1280x1024 which is 1.3 Mb of any one's money!! Took ages to show in gallery.
If pa is uploading as bmp and the system is converting to jpg then this could be the reason for the size of the file. Would suggest that Gallery may have limit in file size - if not, it should - but I do not have any knowledge of the Gallery system so that is a stab in the dark.

Suggest pa gets Screenhunter from http://www.wisdom-soft.com and makes a folder in My Documets named fsimss and Screenhunter can be geared to file all his screenshots there in jpg form and named screenhnter002 up. Use the Print Screen key as S/Hunter key.
I normally use 600x480 res in my screenshots - the quality is acceptable.
Here is an example of 500x400 - 30 Kb jpg which does not detract from the original massive file presentation but takes a helluva lot less time to load!!!!
Hope [i]pa(/i] doesn't mind me mucking about with his screenshot 😀

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

paflightsimpilot wrote:

What I have been doing is capturing the picture via "print screen" This makes it into a bmp file. I can then change the file to jpg. Should I be using a utility rather than print screen approach?

Thanks!

Might have the answer - the quote above indicates that pa 'changes the file to jpg' - does he actually just change the ext from bmp to jpg rather than convert the file from bmp to jpg - think I have run into an instance of this and it resulted in that large jpg icon.
You will, of course need an editor or convertor program to do this.

Pro Member Trainee
paflightsimpilot Trainee

Hi davec..

Yes, I made the mistake of just changing the extension from bmp to jpg, which does cause a very big file So Sorry!!! Embarassed
I will do what you suggest and use the above referrenced link and use that. you guys may see another JPG icon listed from yesterday. You dont have to load it, I'll resend later. Thank you for all your help!
you guys are the greatest!
steve

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...