Remove River Trenches- CFG edit

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I remember reading something once about removing river trenches from the sim via editing the fs9.cg and changing one of the TERRAIN lines.

I have forgotten what to do though- could anyone remind me please?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Ahh, found the fix mysef:

Remove ”canyons” and other Mesh weirdness in photographic sceneries
This is caused by the ”valleys” FS9 creates for rivers/streams. When you're using a photographic scenery, the actual stream lines are not drawn. The stream lines you see are actually part of the photo texture. The Microsoft stream lines and the actual photographic stream lines are rarely aligned because Microsoft uses very innacurate stream line data. This causes ”valleys” or canyons to appear in the scenery near rivers or streams.

In your FS9 folder, find and open terrain.cfg. Near the top, you should see:
//Stream Lines
Under this are textures 1024 and 1025. At the bottom of each offset=-10

For textures 1024 and 1025 (stream lines), change it to read:
offset=flat

You may want to set it back to -10 when you're not flying over photographic scenery.

http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=177&topic_id=356&mode=full

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...