Scanners

huskertko Guest

I live very near a small tower controlled aiport that I take my son to about every weekend to watch planes land and take off. I am looking to get a scanner to listen to ATC and such, but I don't know what type of scanner to get. Will any police scanner work?

Thanks.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

No, you need a scanner that will receive the aviation communication band (118.0 MHz-137 MHz). 🙂

$189

www.sportys.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?DID=19&Product_ID=6201&CATID=165

www.fingerhut.com/productgroup.aspx?offergroupxid=22968&categoryxid=666&source=&hgc=0

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

if you can go to the head of maintenance there and see if they have any old ones they can give you or that you can buy.

my dad was head of maintenance and he just got an old one they were throwing out because they were getting newer and more soffisticated ones.

OR you can google it 😉

google always has answers for something 😉

huskertko Guest

So if I find one that includes a frequency range of 108-136.9875, I am assuming that will be ok. It doesn't specifically say aviation channels.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Yes, that will work. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

if i could i would let you buy mine but its too valuable to me it mounts inside your vehicle...

PS hope you find what you were looking for...

see if you like this...http://www.avionicswest.com/fr-100.htm#2002

if you give me your Airport name and info i can try and find the frequency they run on.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...