Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Regular vs Deluxe?

Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

I just found out that there is a regular FSX and an FSX Deluxe Edition, does anybody know what the difference is and I also found this link with 9 short video clips of FSX.

enjoy Very Happy Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Do you have a link to that information?

I never saw anything about a regular FSX and an FSX Deluxe Edition but if there is I would guess that one is 32 bit for XP and the other will be 64 bit for Vista and DirectX 10.

I has heard (unofficially) that there would only be one, a 32 bit with a patch to bring it up to 64 bit when Vista comes out.
I personally (not being a programmer) don't think that's possible.
MS would rather sell two versions, if you don't like it...to bad as they (MS) would say.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

yes I have a link its in the one I put in this post on the top, then there are more links in that website showing some pictures taken and in one of those pictures it shows what could look like the picture of the box, and it says Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Shocked Whoa!!! Cool box, this is the first time I've seen it!!!!!!! Thanks!

Radar

crcjetty Guest

in my experience. deluxe editions usualy just mean that they are on a single DVD instead of multiple CD's.

Pro Member First Officer
claytonlocher First Officer

In the Deluxe Edition in FSX, three aircraft include the new Garmin G1000 GPS in their cockpits, additional aircraft, tower control capability, and an SDK pack. $70 for Deluxe, $50 for Standard

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If I'm going to spend thousands to upgrade or get and entirely new computer do you really think I'm going to try to save $20 on FSX, the reason for that new computer.
Pointless!

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
astraGTE First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

If I'm going to spend thousands to upgrade or get and entirely new computer do you really think I'm going to try to save $20 on FSX, the reason for that new computer.
Pointless!

Radar

i agree with that! but there is alot of cheapsktes out there that wil be buzzing about $20 saving

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Deluxe edition
New computer with 4 MB RAM, Dual Video cards, fastest CPU
Two monitors
Surround Sound speaker system *
CH Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, pedals *
Punk

* Already have

Guest

IT'S GOOD TO SPEND ALL YOUR MONEY ON VIDEO GAMES.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Yes it is! But it's not a game.

* No points, levels, ranks or progression of any kind. Can't get hurt, die, win or lose. No objectives, tokens, power ups, secret objects, secret powers, cheat codes or hidden areas or features. No weapons, characters or body armor. And lastly, no end to the program.

sgc3000000 Guest

Mad Well u might be the sort of person that gets all that and likes playing it on your pc. And i like that 2. However this weekend i flew twice solo in an RAF plane free with air cadets and did some aerobatics.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

sgc3000000 wrote:

Mad Well u might be the sort of person that gets all that and likes playing it on your pc. And i like that 2. However this weekend i flew twice solo in an RAF plane free with air cadets and did some aerobatics.

If it isn't a game, how do you play it???

You said, "playing it on your pc"

Why do I bother replying to those who consider FS to be a game. Rolling Eyes

Why do I bother replying to those who are too lazy to spell out words or capitalize words where required? Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member First Officer
Jamie Robson (Jamier) First Officer

CRJCapt wrote:

Deluxe edition
New computer with 4 MB RAM, Dual Video cards, fastest CPU
Two monitors
Surround Sound speaker system *
CH Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, pedals *
Punk

* Already have

4MB RAM YOULL GO FAR WITH THAT!

teehhee i presume u mean 4gb?

saint4 Guest

Deluxe Edition
* 1 DVD
* 22 airplanes
* 21 detailed airports
* 38 detailed cities
* 65 structured missions
* Glass panel (G1000) cockpit
* Tower controller

Standard Edition
* 1 DVD
* 17 airplanes
* 16 detailed airports
* 28 detailed cities
* 40 structured missions

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Jamier wrote:

CRJCapt wrote:

Deluxe edition
New computer with 4 MB RAM, Dual Video cards, fastest CPU
Two monitors
Surround Sound speaker system *
CH Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, pedals *
Punk
* Already have

4MB RAM YOULL GO FAR WITH THAT!
teehhee i presume u mean 4gb?

Yes, 4 Gigabytes(It was a typo). Embarassed

Waiting for FSX Guest

Obviously we can expect more planes in the deluxe version than in the normal version. However, just what will these extra planes be? Will the extra planes be just a few small propeller planes or some exciting jets such as the Learjet 45 or the Airbus. In short, what types of planes will be in the deluxe that aren't in the normal version.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Waiting for FSX wrote:

Obviously we can expect more planes in the deluxe version than in the normal version. However, just what will these extra planes be? Will the extra planes be just a few small propeller planes or some exciting jets such as the Learjet 45 or the Airbus. In short, what types of planes will be in the deluxe that aren't in the normal version.

Arrow http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulatorx/flash/default_aircraft.htm

Waiting for FSX Guest

Where does it say what planes will be in what version?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

FSX Aircraft
Airbus A321
Aircreation 582SL ultralight
Beech Baron 58
Beech KingAir 350
Bell 206 Jet Ranger III
Boeing 737-800
Boeing 747-400
Bombardier CRJ-700
Cessna 172
Cessna 208
Dehavilland DHC2 Beaver
DG Flugzeugbau DG-808S
Douglas DC-3
Extra 300S
Bombardier Lear 45
Maule M7
Mooney Bravo
Piper J-3
Robinson R22

And in the deluxe version:
Beech Baron w/Garmin G1000
Cessna 172 w/Garmin G1000
Grumman Goose
Maule M7-235 on skis
Mooney Bravo w/Garmin G1000

Guest

the quest is though, are non delux members able to download everything the delux will have.. extra planes is one thing, but one version not having the traffic control and other things sounds silly.

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions