Catching Lightning in a Screenshot

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

Any tricks to it? I've tried for about fifteen minutes and give up...

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Slow down the sim rate to a quarter? That should help a bit 😉

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Or cheat.... make a video of it then pause where lightning stikes and take a screen dump Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Or hit your screenshot key continuesly...If you are lucky you will catch the lighting but you will also have a load of useless shots... 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

Greekman72 wrote:

Or hit your screenshot key continuesly...If you are lucky you will catch the lighting but you will also have a load of useless shots... 😉

Lol, I tried that...it works worse than you could ever imagine. Wink

Thanks for the frame-rate tip and the video tip, either of those should work for me!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

NoWorries wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

Lol, I tried that...it works worse than you could ever imagine. Wink

Thanks for the frame-rate tip and the video tip, either of those should work for me!

Yes you are right 😀 .Although,i get this shot with this method ➡

..but i have to dumb about 15 others... 😂 😂 😂

Probably i was lucky 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

just give it five mins and be quick on the button Wink

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Its easy,

Just set the story weather theme on and get up to crusing altitude.

Change to spot view.

Keep "the camera" in one place. Don't move it about.

Lightning will always appear in front of you every few minutes. Just be quick on the printscreen key.

Remember to keep your spot view angle in a single position. Don't move it about.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...