What is the cruising speed for the B738 and the A343?

Hi everyone

what is the cruising speed (in mach) for the boeing 737-800 (posky) and the Airbus 340-300 (the Air France Posky one, you all know it)?

I just wanted to know this. btw by cruising speed I mean the speed in mach that the plane is going when it is flying at FL350+

Thanks

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

For the B737-800, I'd cruise at around 0.78 - 0.80 MA depending on weight. For the A340-300, cruise at around 0.82-0.84 MA.

😉

Thanks a lot!!

I am just doing a long flight at the moment from Paris Charles de Gaulle to Princess Juliana Intl in an Airbus A340-300 and I wasnt sure what the cruise speed was and I didnt try to guess because fspax is on and I didnt want to get the overspeed penealty Embarassed

Thanks for the help

Pro Member Chief Captain

Have a nice flight!

The max speed is around 0.85 so depending on how fuel efficient you want to be combined with how quick you want to get there, 0.80-0.85 is good 😉

99jolegg wrote:

Have a nice flight!

The max speed is around 0.85 so depending on how fuel efficient you want to be combined with how quick you want to get there, 0.80-0.85 is good 😉

I'm at Mach .84 at the moment, autopilot constantly holding that speed for me 😉

FsPax is happy with that speed so its all good 😎

I just had a peek in the aircraft.cfg file for that aircraft and I saw these two entries

max_indicated_speed=330.000000
max_mach=0.860010

So it seems once it goes a tiny big over Mach .86 it will go overspeed.. so keeping at Mach .85 would be good then!!

Thanks for the help

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

I always try to leave it a bit below the max speed because ive hit turbulance a few times which causes it to speed up and then you will get an overspeed penalty.

OK I did the flight thanks for the help everyone

I made a good job of the landing which surprised me, its a hard approach

Pro Member Chief Captain

Glad to hear it 👍

If you all want to see the fspax report I have a picture of it [url="http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f296/timbuk2006/fspax4.jpg"]here[/url]

There was a headwind for the majority of the way, thats why it took so long really

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...