The Approach hold mode is crashing my plane

Amz Guest

I recently moved into larger aircraft in fs9( I was using fs10 since I was a kid but transitioned to fs9).Once,I was flying a default Boeing 777-200 in cruising altitude at 30,000ft ASL. The cruising speed was set and the autopilot properly configured(I think so😎).I thought to experiment a little so I switched on the APPR mode(I know that it is used for landing procedures) and once i did that the plane did an erratic nose dive!😱

It was almost impossible to recover since i was going in 16x simrate🤯(I managed to switch it to 1x).I found out that even the ALT mode was set the autopilot is not responsive.Soon,I got overspeed warnings too.At this time I had pulled the joystick all the way back but no response.Then I realized that the autopilot was on,so I disengaged and applied full power and climbed back to cruising altitude.Then I was thinking,"what the hell just happened?"🤨

I normally refrained from activating the APPR in all phases of flight,since then, and I used NAV mode(in GPS) or manual control for my approaches.But recently I was doing an ILS approach in a Boeing 737-400 so I was expecting that the APPR(approach Hold mode) would fly me to the runway threshhold so I can solely focus on power and flaring.At 3000ft with ILS frequency set and glideslope alive I activated the APPR but the same incident happened and this time the plane crashed and spoled my whole flight!!

*Can someone explain me what is going on? Is my time of APPR activation not correct?Or is something wrong with my computer? certainly I have not tried this in a Cessna(Im not a regular simmer though).
Everyhing is working fine except the APPR mode- which spoils my flight everytime i use that.🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...