Pilot liscens

Pro Member First Officer
vlad (tiger7881) First Officer

Hey guys, i was to ask the real pilot or the once who knows how to be a Commercial pilot and what are the steps to it, and waht to do. Please help me because my parents dont belive what i am saying.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

I just graduated high school a few weeks ago and I'm off to college in August. I will be studying aeronautical acience and training to become an airline pilot for the next four years.

The very first step is finishing your primary education. A high school diploma or GED is extremely important to have in today's world, no matter what you want to do.

After that you have quite a few options in the aviation business. You can pay for private lessons at a local airport and train to get your license in your spare time while learning other topics in college, or, like me, you can focus the college education itself around aviation. I am obtaining my license along with all of my ratings through school.

Either way, it is not a cheap thing to do. Make absolutely sure it's what you want to do before you start potentially wasting a lot of money.

Getting a college education along with your pilot's license and all your ratings is only half of it. Just because you're qualified to fly a 747 on paper, doesn't mean you'll get a job with an airline the day after you graduate college. As a matter of fact, that rarely ever happens.

You must build time and experience and be very patient to obtain what you want. I plan on building experience as a flight instructor and flying banners over beaches during my last half of college so I can earn money and hours of experience while still finishing my education (at that time I will be qualified to do all that, the last two years are learning the more complicated stuff, like multi-engine, ATP, etc...).

Most airlines won't even look at your resume until you have excess of 2000 to 3000 hours of flight experience. And even then, you still must meet many stringent criteria.

And again, once you've reached becoming an airline pilot, you must wait years before you ever see the captain's seat.

Like I said, though, there's many many other routes. Perhaps you would just want to do small aircraft flying for a career, like those scenic tours or chartered flights. Each one requires different skills and acquired tastes.

I hope I've been of some sort of help to you.

Pro Member First Officer
vlad (tiger7881) First Officer

Thx man it helped alot, but one more thing, just to know usualy i am studing good, but should be the mark to pass?...and university or college or Privet lessons??

You don't want to be a airline pilot. I have been a airline pilot for over 11 years and I don't like it. I know that there is noting I can say that will change anyone's mind but if you do it you will reget it. My advice is to go to college and get a good degree( aviation science is trash, it's just getting your pilot certificates plus some classes). If you loose your medical, what job can you get with that degree? Nothing. Get a good degree that you can make some money at and then buy an aircraft. You don't want the life of an airline pilot. I used to be good but now it's bad. It looks good but when you find out about all the union bull and the pay cuts and the loss of retirement and the reduced rest overnights, I could go on and on. You will find out just like I did. Just don't say I didn't know.

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

Ok, I'm thinking of becoming one. Can you please explain clearly why it's a bad job/idea?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

i plan on getting a degree in medicine ill do that for 4 years then train to become a commercial airline pilot and if that falls through im going to join the Coast Guard.

for those of you that plan on getting a commercial licence if that falls through come be in the coast guard with me!.

but the down fall i have to graduate from highschool im only 13 yet but im trying to figure out what im going to do?

if all else fails im going to go into firefighting. my dad did it for 5 8 years and it would be nice to start a tradition dont you think?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

You don't want to be a airline pilot. I have been a airline pilot for over 11 years and I don't like it. I know that there is noting I can say that will change anyone's mind but if you do it you will reget it. My advice is to go to college and get a good degree( aviation science is trash, it's just getting your pilot certificates plus some classes). If you loose your medical, what job can you get with that degree? Nothing. Get a good degree that you can make some money at and then buy an aircraft. You don't want the life of an airline pilot. I used to be good but now it's bad. It looks good but when you find out about all the union bull and the pay cuts and the loss of retirement and the reduced rest overnights, I could go on and on. You will find out just like I did. Just don't say I didn't know.

depends what airline did you work for?

if its a good big busy airline then you might work out fairly well but then again what do i know im still 13 🙄

Guest Ed Guest

Mc_GaNgStA wrote:

Ok, I'm thinking of becoming one. Can you please explain clearly why it's a bad job/idea?

I think he did-- what part of pay cuts, loss of benefits and increased work load sounds GOOD to you?

I can understand his suggestion to get a degree that will earn you good money, and then buy an airplane. That way if you're passionate about flying, you can feed that passion without having your livelihood depend on it. If you choose the thing you love to do as your career and that career turns out badly (due to economic conditions, or whatever) you're screwed.

I fell into a career that pays well enough (I can't afford an airplane, but some of my coworkers have them) and although I don't love the job, there are enjoyable aspects of it. And I can enjoy my hobbies and the things I'm passionate about on my own time, no matter what happens at work.

Ed

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...