Flight Simulator Airlines

Pro Member Trainee
Flyguy41983 Trainee

In Flight Simulator are the made up airlines (Pacifica, Soar, Airwave, American Pacific,...etc) based off of real world airlines or real world liveries?
Thank You
Brandon

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Flyguy41983 wrote:

In Flight Simulator are the made up airlines (Pacifica, Soar, Airwave, American Pacific,...etc) based off of real world airlines or real world liveries?
Thank You
Brandon

No, they are fictitious airlines just for the program.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

it makes no since to me why have fictuous liveries and a near reall life game?

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

Because the game isn't very "near real life" 😂

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

it's a contracting issue. Microsoft doesn't have the contracting rights to put real airline liveries in the game. I know it sounds stupid... but what can I say, it's all corporate red tape. Rules 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

JarJarBinks wrote:

it makes no since to me why have fictuous liveries and a near reall life game?

It is because of copyright and trademark issues. For example, American Airlines won't permit its livery to be used by a commercial product. That is why you see a lot of 3rd party repaints for payware aircraft.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

pilotguy44 wrote:

it's a contracting issue. Microsoft doesn't have the contracting rights to put real airline liveries in the game. I know it sounds stupid... but what can I say, it's all corporate red tape. Rules 🙄

It isn't red tape. It is companies not wishing to lose their trademark rights.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...