Flying Challenge

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

Follow the info below.

Aircraft: Boeing 747-400
Fuel: As Desired
Weather: Thunderstorms. Set wind to 200 knots & gusts to 220 knots, and a heading of 90 degrees. This will give you a direct head wind.
Info: Move the aircraft appx. 1 mile from beach. Set altitude to what ever you want. Try landing at the beach. You will notice that the aircraft will hover for a few seconds. That will happen if you put your engines at 50 to 0%.

I was able to land safely. Also, try to taxi in that weather.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I understand now. FS means Fantasy Simulator. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

ill have to try it

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i love when real world weather sets my sim to say 20knots wind - i can just point my ultralight and float! it actually takes some skill to do some trickery and land, but it's a lot fun!

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

200knots is too high...go for the landing speed of the plane...144knots in this picture.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

yeees but a 747 has enough power to blast through such winds!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...