ILS Problem

WantFSX Guest

Does anyone have an ILS problem for KMCF(Macdill AFB, Tampa, FL)...It guides me way off track.... 😕

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

I am not familiar with that approach. Do you have the correct frequency? How far are you engaging the Approach beacon? Are you on ILS , GPS, approach? Is you flight path too high? What type of aircraft? I approaced KIAD from KORF. I had some chop at 1700 feet for a couple of miles but smoothed out some. When ATC told me to call in local I called in from NAV1 on a heading of 220. I then was picking up the NAV beacon. Then at 10 miles more or less I could do an A/P Approach in a Baron 350 turbo prop. I do fly the 737-400 my favorite but the Baron allows for more mistakes a slower speeds and less weight to fight.

Sorry for all the questions but I had to know.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

There are quite a few airports where the ILS system is screwy un FS. My local airport KMKE, only one ILS is correct, one sets you up about 20feet to the right of the runway, perfect for the taxiway, the other sends you in circles. Good stuff.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well your right Solotwo. For KMKE for example the 7R ILS is the only one that works properly. The ILS for 1L and 19R sets you to the west of the runway. Just a MSFS error.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...