My job

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

Well I'm finally starting to feel comfortable at my new job. I work at a small FBO at my local airport, Dutchess County Airport (KPOU). I go to work again today for the last day of training, and then when I return from vacation in August I begin my regular work schedule.

I've been doing line work lately, thus far I have refueled a C-152, a C-172, a Piper Seneca, a King Air C90, and an R-22 Robinson helicopter. Fueling aircraft is more complicated than it looks!

I've also been learning to use the tug, practicing puching a C-172 into its parking spot. Now THAT'S a challenge! I do other things such as greet people off corporate jets. For example, yesterday we got a Dessault Falcon 900 (image below). Me and my co-worker Carlos had to drive 4 separate rental cars up to the door of the aircraft and load all the baggage into the cars. Talk about rich people! lol.

The pilots tipped us $20 for treating his passengers good and for emptying his plane's septic (yucky part of job, lol).

I'm getting used to it and I shall enjoy working here. 😀 ... even though I'd much rather being learning to fly planes rather than refuel them 😂.

FBO site:
www.richmor.com
(Our location is at "Poughkeepsie")

Dessault Falcon 900:

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Sounds like a fun job - I'm jealous! I hope you carry on enjoying it - good luck! 👍

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

Sounds a hell of alot better than my job. 🙂

Pilau Guest

Yeah, better than mine's too! Anyway, you're working at an airport, you can do planespotting!

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

Yes, lot's of planespotting, lol. All Cessnas 😂.

But planespotting is easy on my job.. it's actually dead most of the time. I sit around doing nothing 75% of the time, lol.

Today, for example, on a 6-hour shift the only business we got was a Beechjet 400 and a Piper Aztec. The piper took just fuel and turned around in 15 minutes. The Beechjet came in empty and picked up two businessmen, whose luggage we had to load aboard the plane. It also took fuel. They were there about 2 hours before turning around. Most of that time was spent by the pilots trying to get their flightplan approved by the local departure control since we had crappy weather around today.

Although it's dead most of the time, I love my job.. I'm around aircraft almost every day and get paid to play with them!

😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

pilotguy44 wrote:

Yes, lot's of planespotting, lol. All Cessnas 😂.

But planespotting is easy on my job.. it's actually dead most of the time. I sit around doing nothing 75% of the time, lol.

Today, for example, on a 6-hour shift the only business we got was a Beechjet 400 and a Piper Aztec. The piper took just fuel and turned around in 15 minutes. The Beechjet came in empty and picked up two businessmen, whose luggage we had to load aboard the plane. It also took fuel. They were there about 2 hours before turning around. Most of that time was spent by the pilots trying to get their flightplan approved by the local departure control since we had crappy weather around today.

Although it's dead most of the time, I love my job.. I'm around aircraft almost every day and get paid to play with them!

😎

I ENVY YOU!!! Sounds wonderful, you're really lucky!

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Sounds good PG44....like the sound of that tip ❗ ❗

Pilau Guest

That's really nice man, you keep having fun!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...