Question

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

How old do you need to be to be hired by an airline by airline I mean a cessna or piper singled engined props?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Its not really your age that counts, but rather your experience. I'm not too sure what you mean. You start by saying an airline, and then mention Cessnas. As far as I know, no commercial airline has a fleet of Cessnas... Unsure

If you mean a commercial airline as in for RyanAir, Easyjet, BA, Virgin Atlantic, then it will probably be your age after you have your PPL, Night Rating, Instrument Rating, Commercial Pilots License and your Frozen Airline Transport Pilots License - a good few years. Most airlines have a minimum restriction age of 21. The chances of somebody being hired before 22 is fairly slim because they won't have the maturity / experience.

Hope that helps 😉

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

ok thx what I mean is A cessna as i am only 15 and want to start flying lessons and I wish I could start for an airline easy jet,american,delt etc. But that's not going to happen so thank you!

🙂

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

Im sorry but you didnt actually think you could start flying for an airline @ 15 😕 😕 Common sense would have told you that is very unrealistic anyways I know this sounds really mean but ..... No offence 😎

spuddi Guest

some airlines offer scholarships and they train you from scratch. most of these start from 18. They are nowadays very rare and places are fought after by a lot of people.
there are so many trained pilots out there that they have plenty of people to pick from.
the way to increase your chances are to pay for all your training yourself and then try and get a job to build your hours. when i say pay for all your training i don't just mean ppl. (there are tons of ppl pilots).
i mean pay for your PPL then your instuments, then your night flying, then your multiengine and then finally your CPL).
this is obviously very expensive. but if you get a career loan from you bank once you get a job you can hopefully pay it all back.
once you have got all your ratings you are not garenteed a job but your chances are much improved cause most airlines will look favourably on someone they do not need to put as much of their own money into training.
as i say competition for jobs is very hard.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

spuddi wrote:

some airlines offer scholarships and they train you from scratch. most of these start from 18. They are nowadays very rare and places are fought after by a lot of people.
there are so many trained pilots out there that they have plenty of people to pick from.
the way to increase your chances are to pay for all your training yourself and then try and get a job to build your hours. when i say pay for all your training i don't just mean ppl. (there are tons of ppl pilots).
i mean pay for your PPL then your instuments, then your night flying, then your multiengine and then finally your CPL).
this is obviously very expensive. but if you get a career loan from you bank once you get a job you can hopefully pay it all back.
once you have got all your ratings you are not garenteed a job but your chances are much improved cause most airlines will look favourably on someone they do not need to put as much of their own money into training.
as i say competition for jobs is very hard.

Just to add, there are many flight schools around that can get you your Frozen ATPL in 56 weeks, from 0 flying hours. Of course, this is an intensive course where you work / fly everyday for just over a year. At this point, you can apply for a First Officer post at an airline, bearing in mind that your ATPL is frozen.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...