question

futurepilot Guest

This might be a crazy question, but do you have to have internet connection to play multiplayer in FSX?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
who am i? Guest

at least u admit its a stupid question Umm... yes

Pro Member Trainee
MonsoonMally Trainee

No.

Not if you are playing over LAN (such as ethernet), with two co-located PC's............

futurepilot Guest

Can you explain how to do it? I tried it once but no one was hosting and so I started to adjust the settings, until it said ''hosting...'' and I have not gotten past there. Can you help me?

futurepilot Guest

By the way, what is LAN?

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

LAN means Local Area Network. To make a LAN game:
1) Make sure you have a minimum of two PC's connected via a Network or directly to each other and they both have FSX running.
2) Open FSX
3) Click on the Multiplayer tab, select the 'Local Network (LAN)' bubble, put in a player name and click 'Sign In'
4) Choose 'Host a Session' (or 'Connect Directly' if you have already created a game and have the IP)
5) Fill out whats needed and click 'Next'
6) Choose your role, intentions, aircraft, conditions...etc and click 'Next'
7) Fill out whats needed and click 'Next'
😎 Either wait, click 'Fly Now' or you are already in the session

9) On the other PC(s), follow steps 1 to 3 but click on the session and join it.

If you need it, these are what certain options throughout the hosting process mean:

Minutes until session starts: This is a delay after creating the session to when it starts. If you are ready before the delay is over, you may just click 'Fly Now' to bypass it.

Enable Voice Communication: So you can talk via voice, not just text.

Share my aircraft: Choose this to allow another player to enter your aircraft as a co-pilot. You can also switch control of the aircraft to the other player.

Also, if your thinking that you can play with everyone via LAN, you can't. LAN is just your local area network, not the whole FSX community. To play with everyone, you will need internet.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...